oneBoro Forum

I expect Leeds at home will be too strong for us. Their form has been a bit patchy lately, but they'll be too good for us. Their record so far suggests they tend to either win or lose...they don't really do draws. With that in mind, I really don't see us getting the win.

Their goalscoring record is nearly as good as ours, but they've shipped a fair few too, so I can see us sticking at least 1 past them, even if it is only a consolation.

LEEDS: W7 D2 L6 F22 A18 Pts 23 Pos 8th

BORO: W3 D7 L5 F25 A24 Pts 16 Pos 16th

Last 6 Games:

LEEDS: W L W L W W

BORO: D W L W L D

My prediction: Leeds 2 - 1 Boro

Interesting stats, we've lost less games ans scored more goals than them yet somehow are 7 points and 8 places behind them. Just shows how vulnerable our defence is but that all is not lost. I think we will win 2:1, Adomah and Kamara to score. We all know who will score for Leeds. Will be very interesting to see how Karancha sets out the team. Hope Gibson, Smallwood and the Juke get their chance though. Am I the only one who thinks the Juke could be a class act?

I'll be honest i hope none of the above play on Saturday. Having said that i don't want Friend to play either :( i think we desperately need new full backs. They've cost us so many points this season. I don't rate Smallwood and Kamara is in much better form than Juke.

i'll be in Leeds early as thats where my girlfriend lives. Beer and breakfast with the lads and then off to Granary Wharf for some micro brewery action before the game.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Team i'd like to see:

---------------Steele-----------------

-Williams---Woody---Ayala--Friend-

---------Leadbitter----Whitehead-----

-Adomah------Emnes-------Carayol--

-------------Kammy------------------

Subs: JL-Gibson-Varga-Williams-Ledesma-Juke-Butterfield

I expect Leeds to come at us, other than friend i think that's a solid back 4 with 2 in front that have good positioning, we should be hard to break down, with the pace in the front 4 we should be able to counter with ease, in derby games like this where cards are often plentiful pace is a massive attribute to have, you'll find people will put in those later tackles they shouldn't when someone pacey beats them to the ball, hopefully they'll end up with ten men on the pitch through this.

Their full backs won't want to venture forward with the likes of Adomah and Carayol countering, key thing for Carayol in this game is not to try do anything complicated or even trying any fancy passes, just run with it and put get them running towards their own goal, it's much harder to defend against.

get steeley to hit the wingers as soon as he collects the ball, likewise with our centre halfs, a fast paced game should suit us.

With that bench you have the options of either bringing on someone like varga who'll solidify the midfield if needed but also the pace and trickery of Luke williams when carayol inevitably runs out of steam, as well as the option to miss the midfield completely if Juke comes on and shake up the approach.

What to expect is the most difficult aspect of this game becaue though we know the players we have no idea as to what AK thoughts and philosophy are as yet so hell I am very excited and looking forward to the game.

New Manager syndrome does not really apply to us judging by previous history but that can change.

I guess I will be content with a different ethos shown by the players which will encourage all of us to look ahead.

Predict a draw anything more is fantastic

The dont know what to expect factor is the one thing that works for us in this game

Karanka may have studied games and dvds but until he works with the players he doesnt know who can take on instruction and maybe fit different systems and ways of working

I cant see him changing much in just over a week so i think we will set up similar to the past few games

And without williams and maybe adomah who knows ,

We need to almost scramble to jan scraping as many points as we can so any changes made then can have an valid impact on the season

Good analysis Bishop. It's likely to rain on Saturday which will make the pitch greasy and fast which ties in with your analysis.

The approach Karanka takes in setting up the team is going to be extremely telling. He's watched every game we've played this season and he's taken stock of the players in training. It's obvious to anyone with an ounce of know how where our strengths & weaknesses lie.

The big question is whether he addresses our weaknesses or exploits our strengths.

My view given we're away from home, it's his 1st game and he's a child of Mourinho, is that we'll move away from expansive football, stick men behind the ball, tuck in our wide men, tell the full backs not to cross half way and play on the counter attack, which I'd be more than happy with and which I think we're well suited too.

Steele

Richardson Woodgate Ayala Friend

Whitehead

Butterfield Williams

Adomah Kamara Emnes

Pretty much the same team that served up some really good performances earlier in the season but with Ayala bringing more organisation to the back line and Williams bringing some more presence and thrust to the midfield

Leeds will play a 3 5 2 formation which would be ideal to play 2 out and out wingers against as it nullifies any width they could otherwise have. In addition, with 3 cbs, I feel we must play two up front. With that said, the team vs Doncaster with smallwood dropping out for varga or whitehead would be my ideal starting lineup.

Hello!

Just got paid and thought about buying Leeds Tickets, Checked the Website and can't seem to get my hands on any due to the deadline for sales via the website shutting. How else can I get into the Boro section this saturday?

Quick Replies are appreciate as I want to buy ASAP if possible!

Cheers!

Definitely try ringing the club mate. I'm not sure when (or if) they send tickets back, but I know once my mate rang up to get a ticket and they brought one down on the official coaches for him, he just had to meet them and pick it up.