oneBoro Forum

People are saying poor result, no hope etc. but actually, especially given the fact we played most of it with ten men, we controlled Leeds pretty well and they didn't really threaten much. If Karanka can sort out our abysmal failure with defending set pieces then things will improve greatly.

This was a no-pressure game for Karanka to see who steps up in a match situation, some have shown they can and others they can't.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught more of the match than I anticipated with F1 qualifying being delayed by rain.

Some positives to take out of this, given we played some good stuff in the 1st half and threatened on occasions. Even managed a goal in the 2nd half.

Other than that, it was a lot of the same old, same old...very poor defensively, lacking in awareness and failing to track back / close down / deal with crosses etc. Will excuse Steele's rush of blood as it sounded like he was left flapping in the breeze by his back 4.

Sadly, the scoreline was exactly as I predicted (for once).

Overall not too unhappy, as I think few of us would have seriously believed we'd get a win at Leeds. I know I didn't expect to.

As someone pointed out earlier, it could prove to be a blessing in disguise, at it should have highlighted all our faults to the new manager and given him a good idea of what he needs to work on.

Onwards and upwards, as they say...

McDermott just said he was delighted when Carayol came off.

I'm telling you it wasn't a good decision.

What if he was knackered?

What if he felt his muscles tightening up and asked to come off?

There's a reason Karanka is our manager and you aren't and to call a manager clueless in his first game is ridiculous.

He's no Tony Mowbray

Another Ayala mistake that ended up getting Steele sent off which pretty much ruined our chances today. When he got sent off I was fearing a 3 or 4 nil defeat. But I was pleased with what sounded like a fighting spirit from the players against a uphill battle.

Disappointed with the result but more or less what I was expecting with regards the result. Like pmards has said I was expecting a big defeat after the Steele sending off but fair play to us for showing some grit. It sounds like 3 daft defensive errors have cost us again.

I was happy with the fact we started with the front 4 today I feel we should stick with those

as there is good potential there.

What we really need is a no nonsense centre back in a similar style to the likes of Huth or Dunne.

Anyway disappointed with the result but it was good to see us not roll over when going a man down.

McDermott just said he was delighted when Carayol came off.

I'm telling you it wasn't a good decision.

What if he was knackered?

What if he felt his muscles tightening up and asked to come off?

There's a reason Karanka is our manager and you aren't and to call a manager clueless in his first game is ridiculous.

He's no Tony Mowbray

obvious troll

I think he's one of the Leeds fans that signed up during the influx of the Ross McCormack stories. Look at his posting history. He basically signed up on the day that Snowblind created that ***take thread to wind up Leeds fans. Most of the other stuff has been about his Scottish love-child Ross McCormack, who most Leeds fans were deriding before he started scoring this season.

You'd think they would let them out for only a few hours on day-release but there we go.

Words of wisdom on todays game.

1/ Rome wasn't built in a day.

2/ It takes time to create perfection.

3/ Have faith.

4/ Our day will come.

Now who's round is it...

Great Words of Wisdom!! Totally agree!!