• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got out of work and missed everything :( Did it sound like we played well? What formation was it?

even in the first half, steele sent off for a last man challenge (debatable) second half we were still in it despite having 10 men. played some good football at times by the sounds of it

4-4-2 with adomah and muzzy playing out wide

Cheers mate :)

Let's see if having another ex defender as manager manages to shore up our defence in the long term seeing as how mowbray forgot how to do it.

i dont think mowbray should take all the blame. he did sign some talented players for us but we have limited budget stopping him for improving all our departments.

I'm inclined to think that Karanka didn't change much to deliberately send a message, ie. you've earned your positions under the previous [caretaker] manager and you're familiar with this system, now earn those starts under me. To some extent I think they did. But a loss is a loss. And I expect a few changes come the next match. He pretty much hinted at that too. My gut says it's unlikely that Richardson and Smallwood will be on the first team sheet in the next fixture. And I reckon we'll see Butterfield (one of the most Karanka-esque players imo if I had to make a snap judgement) get his first start. Personally I hope so anyway.

Also, it was always likely that most of the possession would be with Leeds in this fixture, for a host of reasons. In actuality, it seemed relatively even. In fact, did I hear that we edged it? But I think for the first time under Aitor we'll see a dominant display (at least in terms of creativity / momentum) even against an in form Bolton team. And hopefully his first win!

Got a good feeling about next weekend.

Karanka may have learned(and possibly advised before the game) from Mourinho that when coming into a new job to keep loyal with the regulars and not to make any drastic changes to start with as it could do more damage than good.

Carayol took his goal brilliantly from SSN highlights.

i dont think real madrid's strategy could work in our team at the moment. it requires player with very good individual talent while pressing and chasing the ball back when losing. at least our cbs are vulnerable to get caught when facing one on one.

Lineup for leeds should be interesting, didnt have any kind of commentary as i was in the cinema at the time but it sounds like smallwood will making way along with richardson. Great to hear friend had a good game and i still think that both Parnaby and Varga deserve opportunities to make the right back right back spot their own before any additions are made.

Oh and have Williams and Ayala played together at centre back yet? If so how did they do

Just seen the goals.

First goal woody has to get drawn out wide to cover friend and then as the cross comes over smallwood leaves mc cormack to make his back post run unmarked , also id say kamaras shape was all wrong when the cross came in

The second goal we had a winger stopping the cross and richardson got beat at the back post

So its not just the defence you can blame

My player ratings for yesterday:

Steele 4 - bad decision to come out of his goal

Richardson 2 - can't remember a worse full back performance in my time watching Boro

Friend 5 - he needs shipping out or switching to centre half. He's not a full back

Ayala 6 - at fault for Steele's sending off

Woodgate 6 - was turned by McCormack a few times

Leadbitter 6 - failed to get hold of the game

Smallwood 5 - out of his depth

Emnes 6 - couldn't find enough space to be effective

Carayol 6 - good movement for goal ineffective otherwise

Adomah 7 - only threat we had but was to infrequent

Kamara 6 - had an off day. Was often isolated

Juke 7 - lively and more direct

Main 6 - lively but couldn't find space to play

Leutwiler 7 - made some good saves but was hesitant on crosses

My observation of the game was from the front row and I was a little worse for wear so I wouldn't take those ratings as gospel ;)

I cant believe people are calling for Karanka out already on the MFC facebook. Its not his fault that the goalkeeper got sent off and even with 10 men we managed to equalize. Not great but a fair result given the circumstances as it could have been alot worse if we had Ripley in the sticks.

It's only one game which we were down to 10 men so Karanka has had a difficult start so for people on MFC facebook to criticise him already is very naive. And now we will be without Steele for the Bolton game which is worrying and will make Karanka's job even more difficult in the short term.

Am I the only one on here that thinks it was a fairly clear red?

It was a promising position for Leeds with the keeper out of position, it was a reckless challenge, and it was high and potentially dangerous. If it had been the Leeds keeper making that challenge I guarantee that 99% on here would have been outraged if a red wasn't given.

That said, most of the blame lies with the defence. Steele should have never been put in that compromising position. Having a defence as leaky and error prone as our own must give him no confidence at all and must impact of his own performances. Keepers thrive clean sheets and are generally heavily judged on them; when you stand little to no chance of keeping [m]any, it must weigh on his mind.