oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

Ayala sent back to NOrwich, Williams, Emnes, Juke and Leadbitter sold/loaned to raise and free up cash. 2 Fullbacks, a central defender, 2 midfielders and a striker needed. Obviously its unlikely we will see 7 changes in January but I think we will definately see 2 new defenders and at least 1 midfielder and possibly a striker (Vargas/Vossen?).

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Potential outs(that I'd be happy to see leave):

Juke, Whitehead, Haroun, Ledesma, Woodgate(won't happen though), Hines, Parnaby, Richardson and Halliday. Maybe even sell Rhys Williams or Friend if the money could be spent better on more solid replacements. Our defence is a tried and tested failure so would be happy to see any of the leave except for Gibson. If Ayala cuts out the mistakes and finds consistency between now and January then I wouldn't mind seeing him sign for longer/permenant as there's a very good defender in there a*** the mistakes/rustiness.

Obviously they won't all leave but as long as we had enough depth in the squad then I wouldn't be sad to see any of them leave to create funds for Karanka to rebuild the squad.

Potential in's:

Obviously massively depends on outgoings but we could do with a better than we've got defensively good RB and LB, reliable no nonsense CB, CM and a clinical Striker. There's no way we will sign that many though.

General consensus a couple of weeks ago was that the squad was good enough and that Mowbray's man-management and tactics were the issues.

Now one game in to Karanka's tenure what are we saying, actually the strength isn't there and wholesale changes are needed... Confusing!!

If we sell the players your suggesting we won't have a squad. To suggest selling people like Leadbitter and Williams is crazy there massive players for us and its highly unlikely you'll get someone else to come in and fill the place effectively.

There only human and can make mistakes, some people forget this.

Realistically in term of being able to sell players, i could seex juke, haroun, ledesma and maybe Williams leaving with ayala also going if he doesn't pick up form. As the mogga era shows, its so much harder to get players out of the club

The players are fine on the whole, they lack confidence and direction. Karanka will sort those problems out.

Can we recall Hoyte from loan, or has he left for good? If Juke is going to go, he ought to leave this January whilst he is still seen as a decent player, 6 months in the reserves won't help anyone.

As others have mentioned, the general consensus was that we, had good players, but Mowbray had run out of ideas, or lost the dressing room, but a new man could turn things around. The other general opinion, was that whilst Mowbray wasn't a great tactician or man manager, he had a very good eye for signing players.

Let's have a bit of patience guys.

The players are fine on the whole, they lack confidence and direction. Karanka will sort those problems out.

Can we recall Hoyte from loan, or has he left for good? If Juke is going to go, he ought to leave this January whilst he is still seen as a decent player, 6 months in the reserves won't help anyone.

As others have mentioned, the general consensus was that we, had good players, but Mowbray had run out of ideas, or lost the dressing room, but a new man could turn things around. The other general opinion, was that whilst Mowbray wasn't a great tactician or man manager, he had a very good eye for signing players.

Let's have a bit of patience guys.

This. +1.

If we sell the players your suggesting we won't have a squad. To suggest selling people like Leadbitter and Williams is crazy there massive players for us and its highly unlikely you'll get someone else to come in and fill the place effectively.

That's the conundrum isn't it? Would you continue to be chosen at your company to spearhead multi million pound projects if you failed miserably and made rookie mistakes continuously setting your company back.

Humans also learn from their mistakes, and if they don't they can't expect to keep their senior positions.

That's the conundrum isn't it? Would you continue to be chosen at your company to spearhead multi million pound projects if you failed miserably and made rookie mistakes continuously setting your company back.

Humans also learn from their mistakes, and if they don't they can't expect to keep their senior positions.

Yeah I understand your point, but you've got to think who would you replace them with? Both Leadbitter & Williams are quality but playing with low confidence like the rest of the team.

Yeah I understand your point, but you've got to think who would you replace them with? Both Leadbitter & Williams are quality but playing with low confidence like the rest of the team.

Well firstly welcome to the forum CR17 long time lurker or have you switched forums?

I believe that confidence will be changing very soon and for all to see as I firmly believe we will witness a very different Boro starting against Bolton:)

I can't say who I will replace them with, but I can say that the defense has been awful for 11 months now, and something needs changing. Hopefully it's just coaching and tactics though, as changing 2-4 defenders in the starting lineup is probably impossible.