• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do burnley have enough money to buy someone who was our prized asset just 6 month ago? I have trouble seeing burnley spend 2,5+ million on one player. Unless a prem team is giving them top dollar for ings.

I'll chuck my 2 pence work in for this Emnes thing. I think mentally he's quite a creative forward player who's one of the few to spot and identify a good though ball pass. He does have some good close control of the ball, good balance and some surprising strength also.

This is all undone however, by a consistently poor first touch leaving him to make up ground to catch things under control and also consistently fails to deliver that through ball that he picks out. These whilst being a threat to the opposition are a threat to us due to the interceptions and break up our play.

He does also make some decent moves to create space and puts a bit of pressure on the oppositions that some other players don't do. This however is rarely up front and in "danger zones" and as such when he does receive the ball in these "good positions" then theres always a hell of a lot of work to do to make anything of these opportunities

I agree with the above.

The Chelsea lad that has already come in would seem to be a potential replacement for Rhys. I'm not sure we could command a fee anywhere close to what has been suggested in the past, but it would be a good opportunity to get some money in the bank. And also maybe the right time for him to move on.

Regarding Emnes and to a certain extent Juke ,the threat they pose to the opposition when not in possession also has to be considered. The team's recent upturn in form is a team effort and they've both been involved significantly in the last few weeks. Would they be that easy to replace? Not without spending money more money than we'd get for them.

Maybe in the summer, but not in this transfer window for me.

It sounds great in theory, but have Burnley seriously got £2m to spend on Rhys, a player who will then be earning £100,000 per month? Personally I don't see Burnley holding on to an automatic promotion spot for the rest of the season, with QPR, Leicester and now Derby, pushing hard. It would be a hell of a gamble.

Middlesbrough are considering a move for Norwich striker Luciano Becchio, with the former Leeds striker having struggled to make an impact at Carrow Road since his arrival from Elland Road, according to The Times.