oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

Danny Graham couldn't fit into our system at all. He doesn't put the work in and needs his chances gifted to him. That's not the player we need. We need a player who can make chances as well as take them.

I've watched him several times this season (living in Hull like), and you're absolutely wrong. Graham works his socks off every game. Granted he doesn't score much, but to say that he doesn't put the effort in is way off the mark

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Danny Graham couldn't fit into our system at all. He doesn't put the work in and needs his chances gifted to him. That's not the player we need. We need a player who can make chances as well as take them.

I'm gonna go against you here mate and say that what we really need is a striker who is going to sit his *** in and immediately around the box for the full game and get on the end of all the chances that others make for him. I've had enough of dross like Juke/Emnes who 'drop off', 'go deep', 'work the channels' etc. I want to see us sign a proper selfish *** who demands chances because he's confident he'll put them away. We'e had enough non scoring, hard working 'strikers' in the past.

I'm starting to get that horrible feeling of deja vu...nothing is going to happen before the deadline and it just prolongs our faint hope and speculation into the loan window, when yet again deadline day will come and go and we will still be sat here discussing the same three names....Becchio...Graham...and Lord V...

I'm gonna go against you here mate and say that what we really need is a striker who is going to sit his *** in and immediately around the box for the full game and get on the end of all the chances that others make for him. I've had enough of dross like Juke/Emnes who 'drop off', 'go deep', 'work the channels' etc. I want to see us sign a proper selfish *** who demands chances because he's confident he'll put them away. We'e had enough non scoring, hard working 'strikers' in the past.

what he said, our system can be player both ways really, but from what ive seen, we get the ball wide or play it through the middle into the final third, and it falls to bits.

I'm starting to get that horrible feeling of deja vu...nothing is going to happen before the deadline and it just prolongs our faint hope and speculation into the loan window, when yet again deadline day will come and go and we will still be sat here discussing the same three names....Becchio...Graham...and Lord V...

Don't forget Doyle. ;)

anthony vickers‏@untypicalboro7m

After game Karanka said Boro are working hard on 3 forward targets and hoped to get one in by Friday. Gave no names. I'll make a call later.

I thought we were looking at a number 9 AND a number 10? One forward isn't enought, we need at least 2. we've failed to score in the last two games. We need attacking reinformcements quickly.

I've watched him several times this season (living in Hull like), and you're absolutely wrong. Graham works his socks off every game. Granted he doesn't score much, but to say that he doesn't put the effort in is way off the mark

Put no effort in at Sunderland and was a box player at Swansea and Watford. I guess that Bruce is actually making him work then. Still don't want him.

We go through this every window Chris nothing new here but at least this time we all know unless something drastic happens there will be announcements soon how we react time will tell.

Yeah I hope so...It is just starting to look and sound very familiar...I think the Rhys injury is a hammerblow to signing somebody like Lord V, which was looking more of a hope than reality anyway!

Don't forget Doyle. ;)

Tbf - least this is the first window Doyle has come up..Becchio has down the rounds every window for the past 3 seasons!

anthony vickers‏@untypicalboro7m

After game Karanka said Boro are working hard on 3 forward targets and hoped to get one in by Friday. Gave no names. I'll make a call later.

He is such a tool, yesterday he was tweeting implying he knew exactly who we were after but just wasn't saying so he didn't get into trouble.

:@:@:@:@