• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have we established that @graemebailey was talking about Dorrans earlier when he said he had heard some very interesting Boro news?

I personally think thats who he was talking about bit of a Anti climax if it was as Dorrans has already been mentioned before this window. So not exactly the most exciting news in the world. Not as exciting as Graeme made it sound anyway.

Prowler we are signing Danny Graham. Hes got a restraining order on you already in place.

So... That makes Graham, Emnes, Leadbitter, Williams and Friend, but the latter is for sexual reasons. :heart:

Anyway my predictions for tomorrow..

9:25 - man in shades spotted outside the training ground, looks like a football player

11:24am - rumours of shay signing permanently

11:50 - graham dorrans bid accepted

2:12pm - the papers do their usual 'marquee signing' article regarding vossen, soriano or someone completely different

3:56pm - the usual 'ex player' speculation about wheater or graham

4:30 - grant leadbitter 'subject of a bid' from forest according to SSN

7:20 - dorrans signs permanently on short term contract

8:30 - hugo rodallega according to twitter

9:39 - danny graham deal until the end of the season agreed with sunderland, personal contract being sorted out at the training ground

11:50 - Danny graham signs on loan

Midnight - everyone annoyed that we didnt get a deal for given done

You missed the inevitable "SSN understands middlesbrough have had a £7.5 million bid for suarez rejected by liverpool" the all the fans moaning that its just the clubs way of fooling the fans!

If we get Dorrans in then I'd be happy to only get Doyle in on loan until the end of the season as back up for Kamara. For me Kamara is more than good enough for this league in our system and would only impress even more having someone like Dorrans playing off him. I also hope we can get Given for the rest of the season but wouldn't be devastated if he has to go back at the end of February.

If we had another striker of a similar ability to Kamara available to us, then I would be saying that the most important transfer, by far, was the extension of Given's loan. Steele is an excellent keeper, but Given is more then a step above. And keeping clean sheets in this division goes a long long way.

However, we don't have a good second striker.