oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

Does anyone think we could be in deep negotiations with someone and the wages they want might be a little over what we were going to pay, maybe 5k or so per week, so the club has thought we might as well cancel Haroun's contract as he didn't appear to be going anywhere, then use some of his wage to increase a targets available wage, if not i don't see why Haroun's contract wasn't cancelled earlier as there hasn't been a great deal of interest and certainly no offers

Because the club can't cancel a players contract without the players permission. A move deal for haroun may of fell through so both parties have agree to cancel he's contract so he can still move after the window closes

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shall be spending all day tomorrow on the sofa with SSN on with my baby boy "letting mum catch up on her sleep" and teaching him how disappointing it is to be a Boro fan

Com'on Kier positive attitude, SSN will be here tomorrow to make everything alright, we hope.

I shall be spending all day tomorrow on the sofa with SSN on with my baby boy "letting mum catch up on her sleep" and teaching him how disappointing it is to be a Boro fan

Com'on Kier positive attitude, SSN will be here tomorrow to make everything alright, we hope.

I'm just setting my sights low.. So that I can be positively surprised.. Maybe.. I hope..

i emailed my boss this evening asking of I could work from home tomorrow as I am expecting a couple of "important deliveries" - he replied 5 minutes ago saying "enjoy deadline day, sty on email at least" :D

i emailed my boss this evening asking of I could work from home tomorrow as I am expecting a couple of "important deliveries" - he replied 5 minutes ago saying "enjoy deadline day, sty on email at least" :D

lmfao what a legend!

@FarisHaroun38: I thank FC Middlesbrough for giving me a chance to play in UK. Thank you to all the great Boro fans, my team mates and everybody at the club

I think I'm going to cry :(

What a humble fella. God dammit, sorry to see him leave (on a non-football basis). Definitely a bit of a cult hero (out of the bunch in very recent years anyway), but unfortunately just not at the races on a footballing level in this league.

What an absolute hero.

Jim White ‏@Sky_JimWhite 12 mins

Nottingham Forest are still looking at bolstering their squad, with Danny Graham and Graham Dorrans transfer targets for Billy Davies #NFFC

Nottingham Forest are still looking at bolstering their squad, with Danny Graham and Graham Dorrans transfer targets for Billy Davies #NFFC

Direct rivals for two of our supposed targets them, supposedly! Would have to fancy them as favourites for both should that be the case. I know that Graham is ex-Boro, but he turned us down in the past, and Forest are far better positioned in the league for a guy so desperate to play PL football, especially after tonight's comeback. Wouldn't be all that surprised to see us miss out on both, if of course both teams are after both players - a big if.

Does Gary Gill work for them too? Or do we have a forest informant in our club? It's bad enough they're bidding on our star players, now they're nicking our transfer targets :P

That isn't Jim White, sad person pretending to be him and in the know.

Dorrans and Becchio would do me, and Given signed up 'til the end of the season.

Unfortunately my boss isn't so helpful, so I'll be at work until after it's all done and dusted.

Bit of a reality check here for me. Late night call + 2 hr drive as my old man has had a dense stroke. 81 but fitter than me so a big shock to see him unconscious + looking his age. Having planned to spend day on here its going to be very different