• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Villa want us to pay all of his wages then they should just offer him to us permanently. Even if we're just willing to pay a portion of his wages, they should be happy. They need to realise that otherwise they will end up paying him 50k a week till summer. Surely getting some of his wages off the books is better for them? We have him till the end of feb and Steele will be abck by them. He's not essential and as such the 50k a week shouldn't be paid where it can be invested smartly elsewhere.

Av pointed out though villa can send him back out on loan if they cant work out the deal with us and im sure there would be suitors after how well hes played for us.

Doesn't anyone read the older posts anymore? I've just posted that all of the stuff about Sexy Lexy has been categorically denied by the player himself and was actually a rumour started by some journo called Fraser who works for the Echo!

And we all know that the Echo is a source of gospel truth.

Now forget Immer. Forget Vossen. and come back down to earth.

They were all too busy having a love in Syd, they fall in and out of love with players on here like sick teenagers.

And it'll all end in tears. :rolleyes:

Right ppl,

i offered to do a extra nighshift so that i wasnt sat at home watching Keeping up with the kardashians with the wife, the other bonus is im in the UAE - and 4 hours ahead of the UK so il be tuned in all night keep me entertained boys. anyone want to give me a quick run down with whats happedned so far..... not bothered about linked list just want definate deals in and outs.

If we only brought in Graham today i think I'd say it's slow progress if I'm honest but our hands are tied. We only have so much money, we can't go out splurging anymore.

Graham improves us so it's a step in the right direction and the squad is trimmed ready for a summer overhaul. We haven't lost anyone of note (to date!!!) and that should be considered a massive success given out financial situation.

It's progress but not as Middlesbrough fans know it.

@CAS04 no deals done yet.

Danny Graham looks a certainty.

Given is looking iffy

Dorrans is 50/50

Doyle has gone to QPR

Right ppl,

i offered to do a extra nighshift so that i wasnt sat at home watching Keeping up with the kardashians with the wife, the other bonus is im in the UAE - and 4 hours ahead of the UK so il be tuned in all night keep me entertained boys. anyone want to give me a quick run down with whats happedned so far..... not bothered about linked list just want definate deals in and outs.

Nothing as yet since yesterday

I need to explain what i meant odiously i did not put it right I would like to make Shay given as a permanent signing and get read of Steele at the end of the season hes not a good keeper at all and bring in a good young keeper to take over once given leaves and i did not know about Kevin Doyle going to qpr my point remains still need a striker.

No you got your view across fine, just people don't seem to share it. Given is a better keeper than Steele no doubt, but Steele IS a good young keeper who is only going to get better.

Steele won us plenty of points last season and has been top notch for us for the past 2 seasons. He's one of our best players and most highly valued assets.

Right ppl,

Nothing as yet since yesterday

on a positive i havent missed anything then hhaha

If we only brought in Graham today i think I'd say it's slow progress if I'm honest but our hands are tied. We only have so much money, we can't go out splurging anymore.

Graham improves us so it's a step in the right direction and the squad is trimmed ready for a summer overhaul. We haven't lost anyone of note (to date!!!) and that should be considered a massive success given out financial situation.

Given is looking iffy

Dorrans is 50/50

Doyle has gone to QPR

i have to disagree with this.... look at the players we have got rid of / loaned out to free up wages compared to the people we have brought in..... theres definately money in the club, i was promised when we appointed AK

Right ppl,

If you're 4hrs in front, you should be telling us!! Do we get Dorrans? :D

While I think Given has been fantastic, as he should be having been one of the best keepers in the Premier League over the years, I think at his full wage cost he would be a luxury.

Yes he has done very well and yes we've conceded fewer goals with him in the team but not all of that is down to Given. Our defence has been much better in not allowing shot after shot. We've defended far better as a team.

To a certain extent Steele is now in a no win situation because he'll be compared to a top class international keeper, but there aren't many better than Steele for his age and I for one hope that when Given does go, we all get behind Steele.

50k per week on Given may well mean we'd struggle to bring anyone else in since we're already close to the FFP ceiling.

Given is looking iffy

Dorrans is 50/50

Doyle has gone to QPR

i have to disagree with this.... look at the players we have got rid of / loaned out to free up wages compared to the people we have brought in..... theres definately money in the club, i was promised when we appointed AK

We've let kids plus Juke & Haroun go so there is some to play with but Ayala, Given and Graham plus the Chelsea lads don't come cheap. That doesn't leave a whole of money in the pot.