oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

If it helps I sent BiB photograhic evidence of my source confirming Danny Graham way before it happened? but I dont like rubbing my friends up the wrong way..... Remember my sources are friends!.

I dismissed Doyle way before the QPR interest. I dismissed Dorrans although he was a nice option and was told it was bull*** that we even went in for him.

I was told we may sell a player!! I have been told Emnes has a buy later option! but he wasnt the player we were close to selling!

Tomlin as far as I have been made aware was 2nd option to a Italian based player more Milan based! Still no name! but that could mean certain things i suppose.

Anyways thats me till June I aint bugging my contacts for a while plus dont fancy getting hit by a train just to feed OneBoro lol! :P

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

whos ian tomlin? i thought we signed lee tomlin :(

Oh yeah.

Beers are kicking, actually who the f is lee tomlin.

Can't say I'd heard of him before tonight.

Alex Robertson ‏@arobertson1993 10m

@untypicalboro who was the signing you couldn't tell anyone the name of because we were favourites for?

anthony vickers ‏@untypicalboro 1m

@arobertson1993 Tomlin. Gibbo didn't want rivals Celtic to know the real deal was being put on hold & being rearranged as a loan.#looselips

If the Chelsea lads are youth loans then any chance we will see more ins during the emergency loan period or are we done? Happy with what we got. Hopefully a win this weekend and keep on rolling towards the top 6.

Well the lad who looked it up and posted on twitter said clubs are allowed 4 under 23's and 4 over's

BTF he didn't say if they could all be played at the same time. :P

I would check, but I'm being lazy

Opinions people i know Emnes has been poor of late.. extremely poor.

Have we strengthened by loaning him and bringing in Tomlin? Im not so sure tbh.

Tomlin got 13 goals and 12 assists in (44 games) a poor team in the championship last season and so far has 10 goal and 11 assists in (25 games) a promotion chasing league one team. I'd say he is a significant improvement.

I think we'll have to see. Tomlin has scored 5 and got 5 assist in 19 games in the league. The rest of his goals and assists have all been in the cup but then those have been decent teams too.

I'm happy to give him a chance in a good team where I think we'll be set up nicely to allow him to showcase his ability. As I mentioned before it is the strength I am looking forward too. Emnes has plenty of skill but is easily shrugged off if he has too much running to do with the ball. Tomlin looks like he's got the strength and aggression to offer something different.

glad to see the back of Emnes tbh, it's a shame cos I was a big fan at one stage, but he's just going backwards - god knows how he's managed to get the move to Swansea, it sure as hell can't be based on form.

Really pleased with Graham coming in, assuming he rediscovers his form. Tomlin sounds like a good Champo signing on paper.

All in all I'd say it's been a pretty good window tbh, assuming the Chelsea fellas start to show up in the first team soon, I'd say we've pretty much covered all the areas that needed strengthening. and got rid of some high-earning deadwood.

glad to see the back of Emnes tbh, it's a shame cos I was a big fan at one stage, but he's just going backwards - god knows how he's managed to get the move to Swansea, it sure as hell can't be based on form.

Really pleased with Graham coming in, assuming he rediscovers his form. Tomlin sounds like a good Champo signing on paper.

All in all I'd say it's been a pretty good window tbh, assuming the Chelsea fellas start to show up in the first team soon, I'd say we've pretty much covered all the areas that needed strengthening. and got rid of some high-earning deadwood.

The scout that had a huge part in bringing Emnes to Middlesbrough now works for Swansea and has had a massive hard on for Emnes since he first saw him, has wanted him every window since he went to Swansea.