• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a hell of a lot more to come from this squad yet.

Couldn't agree more, from what I've seen so far this season our squad has a hell of a lot of potential that could/should be unlocked by a good man manager who can set the team up in the right way, I just hope Karanka is that man.

I think that everyone should have until January to prove their worth, the problem is that some of these players that we are suggesting getting rid of are probably at bottom value, the likes of Williams, Emnes and friend could easily be worth another £1m each if they hit form.

Agreed. But who made the decisions that kept an over-rated Emnes and Williams at the club, when they where apparently worth millions. Sell them and others in January, but be prepared for rock bottom values. Where is this restructuring money coming from. Have we come into some money recently. Some experts on here have said often in the past that we are skint when defending Gibson and Mowbray. We made derisory offers for goal scorers Ross Mac and Vosser. How much is the non goal scoring Emnes worth now instance? Decent players cost decent money. But wait a minute, we now have these tenuous links with Athletico Madrid, Juventus and Chelsea, perhaps we can rely upon them to lend us some players in order to compete in this league.

I think that everyone should have until January to prove their worth, the problem is that some of these players that we are suggesting getting rid of are probably at bottom value, the likes of Williams, Emnes and friend could easily be worth another £1m each if they hit form.

Agreed. But who made the decisions that kept an over-rated Emnes and Williams at the club, when they where apparently worth millions. Sell them and others in January, but be prepared for rock bottom values. Where is this restructuring money coming from. Have we come into some money recently. Some experts on here have said often in the past that we are skint when defending Gibson and Mowbray. We made derisory offers for goal scorers Ross Mac and Vosser. How much is the non goal scoring Emnes worth now instance? Decent players cost decent money. But wait a minute, we now have these tenuous links with Athletico Madrid, Juventus and Chelsea, perhaps we can rely upon them to lend us some players in order to compete in this league.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here, you seem to just be having a rant about the club which doesn't seem very warranted.

We reportedly made bids of 2 million and 4 million for McCormack and vossen respectively, if we had that money then that is the money which will be used to buy the players we need in January.

The club is trying to form links with big clubs across Europe and all you can do is take the *** out of it?

need 2 new full backs. they are the top priority. still see potential with woodgate and williams as cb. possibly a cm, rest of the squad is good enough imo

hope we can offload alot of dross such as; richardson, parnaby, hines, halliday, park, reach, L williams, whitehead, haroun, juke, ledesma, main.

wow we have so much deadwood at the club

You can't sell players - key players at that, if your not sure there are replacements coming in. Emnes and Williams are both quality players who are desperately low on confidence, as is the rest of the team. No one knows what "derisory" offers were made, either the clubs accept your offers of they don't, simples. McCormack's agent made use of the bid by ourselves to get his client more money out of his employer - do we need that sort at the club? i'd say not. The Vossen deal may well be still on in January, as he may be a player identified through the Kenyon, Mendes link. We'll have to be patient.

I'd like to see a couple of defending fullbacks and a central defender, who can play 30 games a season alongside Ayala if we can get a deal. Then we're probably only one more striker short, someone who can lead the line and drop into space like a Kamara/Emnes hybrid.

I'd be happy with four additions and leave the rest of the clear out until the summer.

Everyone knows the January sales are for furniture and TV's - not footballers!

I think we've got a good squad(far better than our points total suggests) but still think we could potentially move on loads of players like I listed(obviously not all of them but I wouldn't be too sad to see them leave) and sign better replacements with the funds/squad space in January.

We've got some players like Steele(yes off form but is a very good keeper), Leadbitter, Adomah, Carayol(needs to find the consistency he had towards the end of last season), Emnes, Kamara etc that in the right system with a solid defence behind them are good enough to battle for the play-offs so I would be more than happy for us to make drastic changes to finally solve the long running defensive problems.

With Pulis now at Palace maybe he could be interested in signing Whitehead from us.

There's a hell of a lot more to come from this squad yet.

Couldn't agree more, from what I've seen so far this season our squad has a hell of a lot of potential that could/should be unlocked by a good man manager who can set the team up in the right way, I just hope Karanka is that man.

Second/third these comments.

We have actually been playing some nice stuff at times, a fair few of our players have a decent amount of ability at this level, I think we do have a lot of fight / characters in the squad, some promising youth coming through, we seem to be at least capable of thriving in expansive and interchangeable formations (with the right players to fulfil those roles), we have a decent array of different types of players here which makes us adaptable, we have some intriguing links with other clubs developing, and I think it's fair for us all to have a reasonable amount of hope that we have a manager now who is perhaps capable of unlocking all this potential. This isn't rose tinted glasses stuff.

But clearly we do have some huge fundamental flaws, namely defensively. Flaws which are difficult to overcome and significant enough to derail our season, if it hasn't been derailed already; though imo it's not a lost cause yet. At least we can now pinpoint our biggest downfall pretty easily. It's not as if we need to restructure the whole squad to readdress a whole plethora of issues.

With Cohen out for the rest of the season it will be interesting to see if Forests interest in Leadbitter returns. Loosing the club captain might make them more inclined to want a midfielder with more experience wouldn't surprise me if there was more interest in him.

I think there are enough games between now and January to see the players he has available and their skills. I just hope at the same time he can stop the downward slide before the January window otherwise this place is going to be unbearable!

We have a good squad, but not a good team.

Personally I dont think January is the best time to do a drastic overhaul of the team. With games coming thick and fast you could argue it would do more damage that good with an influx of players playing games in a short amount of time? That being said however, if the opportunity was there to get a striker like Vossen with funds from a player like Emnes or Williams who have been under performing for a while now I would support that view. Anything other than 2/3 players in and out would be detrimental to us over the rest of the season.

Just look at Spurs, new faces do not equate to to instant success!

Yes - lots of new bodies doesn't cause a recipe for success. In fact our history and other club examples have shown the opposite:

Look at the following:

QPR - to prevent relegation. Net result relegated

Boro - WGS brought in bodies to fill places. Bringing in players like Flood, Killen, McManus etc.

Is it just me or does Juke need to be given a run of games over Kamara?

Against leeds for me he was very poor he was on the floor a lot. Juke comes on for 10mins and has a decent effort at goal.

I know Kamara has chipped in with a few goal but seriously can anyone tell me a time he has really threatened a goal lately?

Leadbitter needs dropping has done since about December 2012 !

Give butterfield a run.

Get rid of Richardson extremely average footballer and if they are the kind of people we are looking at to bring in then thats shocking, i cannot belive he played over Hoyte for so long and then we sent hoyte on loan?

But saying this there is good indivduals for for Karanka to work with..

Adomah

Carayol

Juke

Emnes

Kamara ( he aint to bad i suppose)

R. Williams

I think people are being very harsh on Whitehead, for his first few games he was excellent and yes he's dipped a bit since then but all players have bad streaks. He's just in a bad bit of form and he'll come good soon enough. I hope.

I read his situation to be an off-field one, rather than his matchday performances?

Care to tell?? or PM??