oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

anthony vickers‏@untypicalboro7m

After game Karanka said Boro are working hard on 3 forward targets and hoped to get one in by Friday. Gave no names. I'll make a call later.

He is such a tool, yesterday he was tweeting implying he knew exactly who we were after but just wasn't saying so he didn't get into trouble.

:@:@:@:@

Well it's fair to say nobody has a clue what is going on.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"And those who have to make the strategic decisions may share that perspective. Rhys' mooted move to Swansea - or one of his other suitors lurking in the shadows - was still very much part of the machinations as Boro try to jiggle and fine-tune the squad prior to the window closing. An initial derisory opening offer from Swansea was dismissed out of hand but the injury-ravaged Premier League side were expected to come back in with a more realistic offer before Friday while Celtic and West Ham are also said to be keen.

The exit of one of Boro's highest earners (£18k per week has been mentioned to me by people who know these things) would have freed up space in the wage bill and raised income - ball-park figures of £1.5m down with add-ons have been talked of - to help fund a move for "a number nine and a number ten." So that is a major blow to the strategic thinking of the powers that be at Rockliffe"

Essential Reading for everyone in the coming hours - http://anthonyvickers.boroblogs.co.uk/2014/01/rhys-blow-is-wi.html

"And those who have to make the strategic decisions may share that perspective. Rhys' mooted move to Swansea - or one of his other suitors lurking in the shadows - was still very much part of the machinations as Boro try to jiggle and fine-tune the squad prior to the window closing. An initial derisory opening offer from Swansea was dismissed out of hand but the injury-ravaged Premier League side were expected to come back in with a more realistic offer before Friday while Celtic and West Ham are also said to be keen.

The exit of one of Boro's highest earners (£18k per week has been mentioned to me by people who know these things) would have freed up space in the wage bill and raised income - ball-park figures of £1.5m down with add-ons have been talked of - to help fund a move for "a number nine and a number ten." So that is a major blow to the strategic thinking of the powers that be at Rockliffe"

Essential Reading for everyone in the coming hours - http://anthonyvickers.boroblogs.co.uk/2014/01/rhys-blow-is-wi.html

I don't understand. Why would we play Williams if we were looking to sell him.

I dont understand this whole graham thinks hes too good for the championship thing. He turned down championship moves for premiership moves. Doesnt take a genius to figure out why and 99% of players would do the same.

Absolutely, if they wanted / needed to sell Rhys to bring in targets then it was a massive gamble to play him (especially when we had adequate cover). A gamble that's now back-fired!!!

Absolutely, if they wanted / needed to sell Rhys to bring in targets then it was a massive gamble to play him (especially when we had adequate cover). A gamble that's now back-fired!!!

A gamble that may have cost us our season. We can write off this season if we faily to bring in firepower. Kamara and Main will not get 5 more goals between them from now until the end of the season.

Just a thought; going by Maddo's comments at the end of last night s game, he was bemoaning the fact that we needed a striker, "a Danny Graham, we need to sign Danny Graham", he said; so not just a Danny Graham, but thee Danny Graham. "Mad" Maddo then proclaimed that he'd heard some whispers! Now these could have been bought on by the same hallucinogens that were slipped into his half time soup, which caused him to proclaim Curtis Main, man of the match. Whilst 2 minutes later, declaring that Main's finishing wasn't good enough and that we needed a striker.

However, these apparent whispers concerned 2 strikers and a creative player coming in. Putting 2 and 2 together, you have to assume that one of those players would be Danny Graham, as he mentioned him several times and surely if he is in the know, he wouldn't mention the name of a player that wasn't coming here, that would make him look even more crazy, unless the soup was still affecting his mind of course.

Why is everyone just guessing, no one has a clue what's gonna happen until it happens, we (including myself) are all clutching at straws!!

I honestly believe Vickers' blog today is to prepare us for the inevitable - we may get one player in only

I agree - he knows the significance of the knock on effect of Rhys' injury and is already covering himself in as many words

Nothing is going to happen, right? We're gonna be stuck with main and Kamara and maybe get an emergency loan in for 3 months. And we're gonna have one of the worst strike forces in this league. Thank god for our midfield.

I don't think Karanka will let us go through the window without finding adequate reinforcement(s) up front. We still have well over 48 hours to conclude any deal which is in the offing.

Not at panic stations just yet chaps.