oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

I dont know if anyone heard, but its clear from the interview after the game, the transfers are above AK's head, he said the club is working on players but he doesn't know who, and he will work with them if they join. This is the head coach vs manager debate, i think karanka is solely responsible for the footballing side of things and transfers are decided further up.

This doesn't make sense to me, surely even if he is only the head coach and not manager he is the one with the footballing brain? and if it's people above him who the hell is it??

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont know if anyone heard, but its clear from the interview after the game, the transfers are above AK's head, he said the club is working on players but he doesn't know who, and he will work with them if they join. This is the head coach vs manager debate, i think karanka is solely responsible for the footballing side of things and transfers are decided further up.

So you have to ask yourself, who's the one making these footballing decisions? Kenyon? Someone else? I can't see it being Bauser or Gibson....

Well id think all 3 you've mentioned will be involved in someway, as will Gary gill and Alan bage id assume

Director of Football finds and signs, Head Coach uses and abuses :D

Although, we don't officially have a DoF.

Got a feeling that this is only until the summer when maybe Karanka will then find the players that he may want. Pretty sure he's mentioned that he doesn't know the English system yet.

I'd say we need to sign four players before the deadline and for definite two. A striker is a must, we all know that. If Given can be secured for the rest of the season or permanently then that would be my two definites.

Then if we could add a second striker considering we already needed a striker and have now let one go and a player to play off the striker, this 'No.10' that has been banded about that would do I feel.

Did he really say that? I find that very strange, surely given he's picking the team and the style of play he should have an input into who we are trying to sign. I'd hate to think we've got Bauser playing football manager and thinking he knows a signing.

I'd say we need to sign four players before the deadline and for definite two. A striker is a must, we all know that. If Given can be secured for the rest of the season or permanently then that would be my two definites.

Then if we could add a second striker considering we already needed a striker and have now let one go and a player to play off the striker, this 'No.10' that has been banded about that would do I feel.

I think 4 will be far too optimistic. I think we'll secure Given until the end of the season and bring in a striker on loan until the end of the season (my bet is Becchio). I have a feeling the number 10 we apparently want is someone of real quality and this one could go right down to the wire. My gut feeling is that this is the one who shall not be named *cough cough* Vossen.

Karanka needs to call Mourinho "Now then fella. How you doing? How's the family? Listen mate, no time to talk, I f*cked up, I let a forward go thinking I was going to get a new one. Turns out we won't now get the money we need as the player we were going to sell got injured. I promise this will be the last favour I ask (this transfer window), can I have Demba Ba? Don't make me beg, just put him in a taxi with some sandwiches and we'll pay for the taxi at this end when he arrives. Cheers Homie. Love you."

It would be bad because main is not good enough so we only have Kamara and we also need someone to play behind the striker.

Emnes?

Lesterday Ledesma did it with Adomah and Carayol wide.

ledesma got a high rating from one of the members here. did it mean he could play there as i remember he tried that role before but with awful performance?

I don’t believe Karanka has no idea of which signings we’re pursuing. From what i know, there’s now a committee that decides upon transfers at the club which includes the manager, the chairman, scouts, trusted aides and ex-players. It’s certainly not a case of the manager stating he wants a player, the chairman agreeing to it and the chief exec. going out to secure the signing.

There are processes in place to prevent another Alves happening, processes which include a transfer being passed by committee, extensive scouting in person through statistical data and with character references as decision making aids.

It may be a case that Karanka has identified exact type of player he wants and our new scouting structure will have identified a number of suitable candidates. Karanka will be given the list to decide up on which players he wants to pursue. This makes sense given his lack of experience of capable players at this level.

Spot on, Humpty, that's how I see it too. We have to bear in mind that, this is AK's first ever experience of a transfer window, in the past he's coached Spanish youth teams, but never had to deal with buying and selling any player.

He won't be totally familiar with all the processes involved, so he is bound to seek advice from the chairman and scouting staff. He may know what he needs, but it would be unrealistic to expect him to have spent hours pin pointing realistic targets. he's had his work cut out, just trying to sort out our defence he doesn't even have a recognised number 2 at present.