oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

That's the DM talking rubbish and making up ***.

Rhys got injured last night during the game the DM then posted that article at 00:44 which was only a few hours after the game finished so how on earth would they know it had hit a "snag" they are just putting 2+2 together and hoping to get a story out of it.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes this may very well be the case but I was getting the impression Williams would be staying put!

Obviously feel for Williams and wish it had not happened but he was played last night and I am sure Boro would not want to jepordise his transfer with an injury(as is the case) if he was about to leave.

Knock on effect possibly but does not negate the need of at least 2 attack/striker positions

Another quick thing we apparently bid 4mill for vossen on deadline day in the last window ... Where does that money suddenly disappear to? Are we hoping not too use it but if push comes to shove on deadline day we dig deep? Time will tell.

Another quick thing we apparently bid 4mill for vossen on deadline day in the last window ... Where does that money suddenly disappear to? Are we hoping not too use it but if push comes to shove on deadline day we dig deep? Time will tell.

Personally I think both Vossen his club and Boro are waiting to see what happens end of season in terms of where Boro will be playing next season.

A stop gap loan/with a view to signing is I believe what will happen should Boro achieve a higher status next season I would imagine he will be one of the first pre season signings

I can't quiet remember the timeline. Did we sign Kamara after that? If so £1 million (ish) went on that. We probably spent some of that money on the Ayala loan deal and potentially the Given loan deal.

On the face of it, there's not much hard evidence to support the idea that getting in a 9 & 10 depended entirely on off-loading Rhys. On the other hand, I seem to remember Gibson assuring us that Karanka would be given funds to build a team when he was appointed. However, having said that, there isn't all that much on offer in this transfer window and a loan might be a better option than bluing money on a striker that doesn't entirely match the profile.

By the end of this season our total permitted allowance, in terms of the financial fair play league, will have dropped from £10m to £8m. There's a starting point. We really need to bear the FFP league rules in mind, it has alreadygoverned our transfer policy for the last two-three years and it's only going to intensify over the next two.

As The Animals said ... we've gotta get outa this place!

#07 is Anthony Vickers.

Seems somewhat unlikely

Speaking of Anthony Vickers

anthony vickers ‏@untypicalboro 1m

Just rung Hurworth. No change. Still 'busy' on a couple of prospective targets & hoping for a breakthrough. Routine window brinkmanship.

Doesn't sounds like we are that close to anything, honestly cannot believe Jutkiewicz was let go without a replacement lined up

You all know where this is heading. We'll all be sat here on Saturday morning scratching our heads thinking where sit go wrong...AGAIN. Neil Bausor needs to go, he's failed again