oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

The one thing I don't understand with BORO is the speed at which outgoing transfers are invariably dealt with - I.E Juke to Bolton, the young lads earlier in the week - compared to how slow we are at actually finalising deals. It seems to be a constant chain of working hard for the last 2 weeks of a transfer window to be ultimately left until the very last minute.

I don't think this is too much of a shock, in the case of the loans outgoing, we are the "selling" club, with no obligation to get much back from it, I don't think the wage contribution amounts would be huge and mainly our aim for these players was to get them nearer a first time or in one.

In the case of buying a player, we are limited by the selling clubs restrictions and their bartering as well as the players; its a little bit more complex.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one thing I don't understand with BORO is the speed at which outgoing transfers are invariably dealt with - I.E Juke to Bolton, the young lads earlier in the week - compared to how slow we are at actually finalising deals. It seems to be a constant chain of working hard for the last 2 weeks of a transfer window to be ultimately left until the very last minute.

It's all relative though.. you have absolutely no idea what kind of deals we are working on. We may spend much of the window working on targets out of our league with a 25% chance of pulling off a marquee signing. In the mean time we could be lining up back up signings that are still of a high quality....Top quality signings are not made over night and frankly i prefer it this way, at least know there's effort going in negotiating a good deal rather than frivolously throwing money we don't have away.

Our pursuit of a striker is dragging out because the key targets(Becchio, Graham etc) will sit tight at their clubs unless a PL club shows an interest in them and only when the time ticks away until the end of the transfer window without them coming forward then only then they will consider dropping into the Championship. It's funny how some spin it so that the club is sat on their hands.

How do you twiddle your thumbs on a chat forum? I guess you constantly harp on about the possibility of signing Jelle Vossen or whether #07 is Anthony Vickers in disguise.

Incidentally, if #07 is indeed AV, and therefore well ITK, and therefore a useful source of insider information for the lot of us, all of this talk has well-and-truly blown his cover, hasn't it? And he may not feel like dropping hints ever again.

How do you twiddle your thumbs on a chat forum? I guess you constantly harp on about the possibility of signing Jelle Vossen or whether #07 is Anthony Vickers in disguise.

Incidentally, if #07 is indeed AV, and therefore well ITK, and therefore a useful source of insider information for the lot of us, all of this talk has well-and-truly blown his cover, hasn't it? And he may not feel like dropping hints ever again.

To be fair the hints are as of yet unproven, so it might not be much of a loss

To be fair the hints are as of yet unproven, so it might not be much of a loss

True.

I've had a good look back over some old posts Syd, there are many clues to suggest that #07 isn't AV - in the Boro Manager thread (around page 113 or so, if you are as bored as I am today).

But a couple of recent posts, some of them now, removed, are exact quotes from AV's twitter feed. Make of that what you will.

I doubt it's Anthony Vickers as he never replies to my tweets after I criticised the Evening Gazette for the Vargas false hope shambles but on here #07 always replies to my messages. It would be funny if it's Gibson and will explain why he's cautious about giving too much information on the forum.

Can anyone remember Meatloafer(?) who signed up after we didn't sign Maghoma? Maybe it's #07 but he's not being as brash which irritated some members?.

Why is it strange to get rid of someone before we get someone in. If everyone gotsomeone in before letting someone out no one would ever move anywhere

And weve got kamara emnes and main all fighting for 1 place so its not as if we are desperate