oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

I've had a good look back over some old posts Syd, there are many clues to suggest that #07 isn't AV - in the Boro Manager thread (around page 113 or so, if you are as bored as I am today).

But a couple of recent posts, some of them now, removed, are exact quotes from AV's twitter feed. Make of that what you will.

I'll take your word for it, mate.

But this is starting to sound like X-Files.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steele

Hoyte Mcmanus bates Bennett

Arca Bailey Williams Robson

Emnes McDonald

That was it pretty much...we focused on getting the ball in to marvin through the middle early whilst McDonald would drop deep to link up play. Emnes played very direct. He had McDonald doing his donkey work in between the midfield and the attack. Unlike now..

Steele

Hoyte Mcmanus bates Bennett

Arca Bailey Williams Robson

Emnes McDonald

That was it pretty much...we focused on getting the ball in to marvin through the middle early whilst McDonald would drop deep to link up play. Emnes played very direct. He had McDonald doing his donkey work in between the midfield and the attack. Unlike now..

That was the season Boro finished closest to the play offs (7th). And is there any chance we can play like that now with the current team we have got?

McDonald was actually pretty decent for us (116 apps 45 goals) much better than Doyle.

When Emnes scored those 16 goals, I can remember a lot being scuffed shots that the keepers should have done better with. I think the only difference with the current Emnes is he doesn't have as many shots now and doesn't have as much confidence.

PS - I'm not an Emnes fan. Doesn't do enough, doesn't try hard enough, flatters to deceive and I can't see why we persevere with him (particularly as a starter). Ledesma was so much better in that position in the 2nd half last night. I think Emnes will be one of the higher earners in the squad an I'd be happy for him to leave.

Personally I think #07 is Gary gill.

Yeah I think it will be somebody within the club like him or someone else that hears information about transfers. It will explain why he is guarded about giving too much information.