oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

he clearly is keeping all options open, Reading did state they didnt want him to leave (which isnt a closed door as such but its almost there) but he isnt saying he does want to leave.

Like i said if he wanted to leave he would do what many plyers have done, ask for a transfer, or actually say 'i want to leave'

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Le Fondre wasn't starting(and wanting to move) until sharp's loan ended and has been playing regularly since and hit two hat-tricks in consecutive home matches so he wont be going anywhere now.

Where did he say he wanted to move?

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/reading/transfer-talk/news/le-fondre-id-be-open-to-leaving-reading_127863.html

Hey AV! Nice of you to make a celebrity appearance!

Le Fondre wasn't starting(and wanting to move) until sharp's loan ended and has been playing regularly since and hit two hat-tricks in consecutive home matches so he wont be going anywhere now.

Where did he say he wanted to move?

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/reading/transfer-talk/news/le-fondre-id-be-open-to-leaving-reading_127863.html

BTW, that just highlights what Powlay said earlier about there being a difference between being frustrated at being on the bench and actually asking for a move, I don't see anything in that story say he requests or wishes to move!

When I sent it my page hadn't reloaded and I didn't see the original reply, it doesn't say he wants to stay either, why answer questions like that in the transfer window if not to get new contract, attract a new club, etc etc

Nothing else to add.

So if a player doesn't categorically say he wants to stay, we should assume he wants to move?

BTW, that just highlights what Powlay said earlier about there being a difference between being frustrated at being on the bench and actually asking for a move, I don't see anything in that story say he requests or wishes to move!

When I sent it my page hadn't reloaded and I didn't see the original reply, it doesn't say he wants to stay either, why answer questions like that in the transfer window if not to get new contract, attract a new club, etc etc

Nothing else to add.

So if a player doesn't categorically say he wants to stay, we should assume he wants to move?

In my opinion if they had kept BS on loan and playing and ALF on the bench I would have thought some more statements would have been made.

You can do what you want!

Nothing else to add.

In my opinion if they had kept BS on loan and playing and ALF on the bench I would have thought some more statements would have been made.

You can do what you want!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Is anyone else worried that we won't sign Given permanently or extend his loan? Keeping hold of him is as important as getting a new striker

I am. Haven't heard anything and a clean sheet every match is at least worth a point. Apart from the appointment of AK, Given is the best thing to happen to us in months. He should be a priority.

Make that years.

I reckon they may extend it once the emergency loan window opens I hope it is a perm deal but as it was only extended until the end of feb I can see it being another extension.

I don't think it can be extended after January, not sure of the exact rules but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere we have to sort something out before Saturday to keep him beyond the end of February

I reckon they may extend it once the emergency loan window opens I hope it is a perm deal but as it was only extended until the end of feb I can see it being another extension.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that for some reason it had to be completed before midnight Friday, otherwise the deal will definitely expire? I could be completely wrong. I probably am.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that for some reason it had to be completed before midnight Friday, otherwise the deal will definitely expire? I could be completely wrong. I probably am.

Anthony Vickers tweeted something today saying his loan had to be extended before Fridays deadline.

Boro can't extended it via another emergency loan as the 90 odd days are up, he must be signed on a normal loan by 11pm Friday night other wise Given will be back to Villa after the Leeds match