oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

I'm pretty confident we'll have him for a while longer one way or the other. Villa supporting friend of mine (not ITK btw) said he feels there's no way he'll get back into their team. He also said he wouldn't be surprised if they sold him, so there is a chance - albeit I know a very slim one on the perm front. That's only his opinion tho, so based on nothing else. End of the day if he's guaranteed game time here & is enjoying it then who knows!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wolves have signed Leon Clarke for £750,000.....pushing Doyle closer to the exit door?

There's also talk of Wolves selling Griffith to Celtic as well. Could just be a replacement for that deal.

Grant has to stay! The most improved player this season. Chipping in with assists and goals.

Can see nothing happening today and a late flurry of activity tomorrow!

Slightly concerned as we need a striker more than ever!

We have creative players in ledesma & Adomah. If Emnes was on form we could even play him in the hole to feed the striker... (when we get one)

I think unless we get promoted (which is in itself unbelievably unlikely as well!) then Shay will be more likely to angle towards a perm transfer in the prem. No doubt after his fine form with us, he'll have plenty of suitors.

Can see nothing happening today and a late flurry of activity tomorrow!

Slightly concerned as we need a striker more than ever!

We have creative players in ledesma & Adomah. If Emnes was on form we could even play him in the hole to feed the striker... (when we get one)

That's where we've played Emnes in every game he's partaken in this season (pretty much). He'd be more effective with a striker in front of him who's on the same wavelength as him. Someone a little tricky and unpredictable. That leaves us with a striker leading the line who doesn't fit our system, we need someone powerful who can hold up the ball and bring the midfield men into the game. If I'm being honest, whilst I really like Emnes, I just don't think he fits into our squad at the minute. The only way he would is as a winger, and those ahead of him are on fine form.

Wolves have signed Leon Clarke for £750,000.....pushing Doyle closer to the exit door?

There's also talk of Wolves selling Griffith to Celtic as well. Could just be a replacement for that deal.

Grant has to stay! The most improved player this season. Chipping in with assists and goals.

8 assists, 6 goals, the stats speak for themselves, that's excellent from a centre mid who's been played in a more holding position.

Well said, MMC!

Praise from Prowler... My life is complete... :p

Nobody's saying its impossible it's just very unlikely. Willie probably phrased it a little aggressively but for everything to fall in place, with the circumstances as they are it's very unlikely we'd sign him permanently.

Nobody's debating that he doesn't improve the team either so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make in that respect.

My point was that because of his ability on the pitch, his signing wouldn't be a misuse of resources.

Well that's one point I absolutely disagree with due to the presence of Jason Steele. I'll leave it at that.

If Wolves have brought in Leon Clarke for £750,000 and we take Doyle off them for the reported fee of 2Mill I've seen somewhere on here we might as well ask them to pull our pants down as well while they're at it.

Nobody's saying its impossible it's just very unlikely. Willie probably phrased it a little aggressively but for everything to fall in place, with the circumstances as they are it's very unlikely we'd sign him permanently.

Nobody's debating that he doesn't improve the team either so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make in that respect.

My point was that because of his ability on the pitch, his signing wouldn't be a misuse of resources.

Well that's one point I absolutely disagree with due to the presence of Jason Steele. I'll leave it at that.

I don't think Steele is currently as good a keeper as Given, but I'd much prefer Given over Konstantodopololotosofohoyotorowocovobonomolous, Leutwiler and Ripley combined :p

Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough are in talks to sign Danny Graham, currently on a season-long loan at Hull City, Sky Sports understands.

Graham signed for Hull in the summer from Sunderland, but with Shane Long and Nikita Jelavic having arrived at the KC Stadium, they are seemingly happy to let him leave.

With Sunderland and Hull both willing to let the deal go through, Forest and Boro are now competing to land the 28-year-old who has scored just once this season in the Premier League.

Middlesbrough attempted to sign their former striker before he joined Sunderland in 2012 and now they are again hopeful of bringing him back to The Riverside.

Forest boss Billy Davies is looking to bolster his attacking options ahead of the promotion run-in and is hoping that Graham may opt for the City Ground.

Posted by greame bailey 10 mins ago SSN

Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough are in talks to sign Danny Graham, currently on a season-long loan at Hull City, Sky Sports understands.

Graham signed for Hull in the summer from Sunderland, but with Shane Long and Nikita Jelavic having arrived at the KC Stadium, they are seemingly happy to let him leave.

With Sunderland and Hull both willing to let the deal go through, Forest and Boro are now competing to land the 28-year-old who has scored just once this season in the Premier League.

Middlesbrough attempted to sign their former striker before he joined Sunderland in 2012 and now they are again hopeful of bringing him back to The Riverside.

Forest boss Billy Davies is looking to bolster his attacking options ahead of the promotion run-in and is hoping that Graham may opt for the City Ground.

Posted by greame bailey 10 mins ago SSN

I hope not, otherwise I have to become accustomed to the taste of my hat :P

Edit: I've made 1000 posts on here? Dayuuuuuuuuuuum... Didn't even realise!