• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AV's blog update:

Word from the inner sanctum at Rockliffe is that Graham is now very much the favoured target and that it is now edging very close. All parties are now unravelling the red tape - he is technically still on a season long loan at Hull and Sunderland would need to undo that before the move to Boro could go ahead - and are ready to give it a good push to try to complete it. Word is that is "very complex" deal so it could still take a while to complete. Heart in mouth time.

So how come we had up until 5pm last friday to sign Ayala in time for Leicester game? :P

I'm agreeing with you! I thought today was a 5pm deadline for players to play tomorrow too :s! Graaahhh this thread has tooooo mannnny pooosssssttttssssss.

But im sure I heard its 12 today, that why I said it maybe the extra workload of DD!

Blerrgh so confused now. Simple minds and that :p

Wasn't it 5pm when we signed Ayala?

Yeah it was. I thought it was 5pm for next day, not 12pm?

It's 15 hours, so 5pm on a weekday, the day before an evening kick off, but 12.00 on a Friday for a 3.00 Saturday kick off

That's 27 hours!

Karanka must see something in main that i can't see yes he works hard but that's not enough

Maybe he's been proving himself in training. In any case whilst he's not brilliant now, the lad is still only 21 and might be one for the future maybe?

If Leicester sell Schlupp what if they come knocking for Carayol with a 1.5 mill bid?

You never know on deadline day I guess.

wouldn't sell even if they came with £2.5m

I wouldn't sell for 3.5m, 4m tho I would accept. If wolves players are going for 3m, and a holding midfielder from Brighton 2.5, Carayol (one of the best attacking midfielders in this league) is worth 4

Hopefully this will clear things up - From the Metro

"The January transfer window is now in full swing but there should be one hour in the month when, theoretically at least, there should be no activity at all.

There didn’t seem to be too many clubs burning the midnight oil as Big Ben chimed in the new year but you can bet it will all be far more frenetic come Friday, January 31.

However, 11pm is the time that the window closes – bringing England in line with many other major European nations including France, Holland and Spain, although you can bet that Sky Sports presenter Jim White will still be excitable long after that.

The Italian and Greeks cut off an hour earlier while, with trademark German efficiency, their deals must all be rubber-stamped by 5pm.

There is added incentive for English clubs not to wait until the last minute this year. Due to the fact that Premier and Football League matches are scheduled for the following day, any signings on January 31 must be completed by midday for the players concerned to be able to play that weekend."

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/03/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-january-transfer-window-4247943/