oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 41s

So for Middlesbrough - it is Danny Graham and Graham Dorrans in their sights. Both look likely at this stage

If they are the only two signings we make I'm happy with that,Are they both loans?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully this will clear things up - From the Metro

"The January transfer window is now in full swing but there should be one hour in the month when, theoretically at least, there should be no activity at all.

There didn’t seem to be too many clubs burning the midnight oil as Big Ben chimed in the new year but you can bet it will all be far more frenetic come Friday, January 31.

However, 11pm is the time that the window closes – bringing England in line with many other major European nations including France, Holland and Spain, although you can bet that Sky Sports presenter Jim White will still be excitable long after that.

The Italian and Greeks cut off an hour earlier while, with trademark German efficiency, their deals must all be rubber-stamped by 5pm.

There is added incentive for English clubs not to wait until the last minute this year. Due to the fact that Premier and Football League matches are scheduled for the following day, any signings on January 31 must be completed by midday for the players concerned to be able to play that weekend."

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/03/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-january-transfer-window-4247943/

Thanks for that Billy! Wish it explained why though :(

So the other thread was locked after 3 pages of easy reading rumours. Was mostly relevant posts with rumour tit bits (rumours are rumours, they don't all have to be official confirmations!) and not too much discussion really (though a very small amount is always inevitable). Instead I now have to read through dozens and dozens of pages on this thread without even the option of the alternative.

Sigh. This forum sucks sometimes.

Like many I too am not excited about the graham situation but if he does come then i will not get on his back the moment he puts on a boro shirt.

If he does the business and scores at a better rate than Juke and Main then we have all won haven't we?

Danny Graham is definitely a loan(AV's blog) and I'm guessing Dorrans will be a permanent deal as he is out of contract in 6 months(but does have an option for an extra 12 months). I can't see how our finances could stretch for both of them though as they will be expensive!. Especially if we also extend Given's loan until the end of the season.