oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

I'll be amazed if we sign anyone other than Graham now. This is serious lack of ambition from the club, we are 7 points away from the play offs and instead of strengthening the team to push those teams above us it looks like we're happy with mid table again. I don't get all this lets build for next season, what if we start poor again next season?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a feeling we'll end up signing NOBODY

Yeah, I said that yesterday. It's definately a possibility.

State the obvious, it's also a possibility we could sign someone. We didn't even announce Kamara and Butterfield till half an hour after the deadline in the summer so why people are starting to post things like "we won't sign anyone" is beyond me.

What I meant was its probably going to end up like that. Of course it's a possibility.

Catts to Stoke, Leadboots to Scumderland?

just a thought

They have just bought Bridcutt, that's why Cattermole is leaving.

SSN report that if Catts leaves they'll be looking to bring in a British player, Poyet was at the game the other week, just speculating

Catts to Stoke, Leadboots to Scumderland?

just a thought

They have just bought Bridcutt, that's why Cattermole is leaving.

SSN report that if Catts leaves they'll be looking to bring in a British player, Poyet was at the game the other week, just speculating

That would create an amazing twist! can't see it though.

On AV's blog update:

Meanwhile I am hearing whispers from the West Midlands that Graham Dorrans is not convinced about a move to Boro. People close to his camp suggest that after a few months on the fringe and a frustrating time battling back from a virus he was back in the team last week and is minded to see how it works out under new boss Pepe Mel. He can give it a shot and if it doesn't work he is out of contract in the summer.

That doesn't mean the mooted move is dead and I understand calls are still being exchanged but it does shift the odds away from Boro making that one work.

http://anthonyvickers.boroblogs.co.uk/2014/01/come-on-boro-ha.html#more

Surely Mel has explained the situation and plans to Dorrans (i.e. if he sees him in his plans or not). If he doesn't play much in the next few months his contract bargaining power will be weakened. If he plays in the Championship and does really well then I'm sure there will be lots of clubs making him offers.

This obviously assumes we are trying to take him on loan rather than a permanent signing.

I wouldn't mind getting Mo Bangura in on a free, a gamble I know, in addition to Graham then loan Main out then we'll have Kamara/Graham/Bangura as strike options. I can't imagine he'll be on much higher than 10k a week might be worth a punt but I doubt it he'll probably end up back in Sweden.

@paulfraserecho

Doesn't sound good on the Shay Given front, hearing Villa won't budge. They're not prepared to let him stay on loan till May.

@Scottwilsonecho

Boro hitting an impasse with Shay Given - Aston Villa don't want to lose the right for a recall so don't want him to sign a new loan.

Boro were close to signing safc striker Connor Wickham on loan but the deal collapsed. [from Anthony Vickers' blog]

On AV's blog update:

Meanwhile I am hearing whispers from the West Midlands that Graham Dorrans is not convinced about a move to Boro. People close to his camp suggest that after a few months on the fringe and a frustrating time battling back from a virus he was back in the team last week and is minded to see how it works out under new boss Pepe Mel. He can give it a shot and if it doesn't work he is out of contract in the summer.

That doesn't mean the mooted move is dead and I understand calls are still being exchanged but it does shift the odds away from Boro making that one work.

http://anthonyvickers.boroblogs.co.uk/2014/01/come-on-boro-ha.html#more

Surely Mel has explained the situation and plans to Dorrans (i.e. if he sees him in his plans or not). If he doesn't play much in the next few months his contract bargaining power will be weakened. If he plays in the Championship and does really well then I'm sure there will be lots of clubs making him offers.

This obviously assumes we are trying to take him on loan rather than a permanent signing.

the AV update on Dorrans for me, sounds like him and the agent are playing the 'oh we aren't sure' to try and glean more money...

UPDATE: No developments on the main action of the day. Still inching forward.

Boro are still waiting for the paperwork to be collated on Danny Graham.

Need Hull to cancel their loan registration at FA, get the release form back to Sunderland and then get Boro to do their thing and get the "pink slip" back.

Should be a formality but FA HQ are busy and no matter how often we ask we can't get Adrian Bevington to chivvy them along.

Both Hull and Sunderland suits are also very busy on their own deadline panic buys/sales so the wheels are grinding slowly.

But they are grinding.

@paulfraserecho

Doesn't sound good on the Shay Given front, hearing Villa won't budge. They're not prepared to let him stay on loan till May.

I can understand Villa wanting to get the most out of any club but by not accepting Boro's circa £10k - 15k offer means they'll have to pay all his wages at the end of February when he goes back. At that stage can he be loaned out again or is the window closed?