oneBoro Forum

January Transfer Window 2014

Is it just me but some of the comments on here are baffling....

We look like we will end the window with a forward we wanted to splash £5m on last window , a defender who will play for Nigeria in the World Cup and a talented young un in Chalobah who will more than likely be a regular by season's end

Add to this we have cleared out stacks of players who aren't in Karanka's plans and have stood firm on Villa's demand for money we haven't got for a keeper they don't want. We would like him but it has to be right for us as a club and should not go a penny above what that limit is , especially as we have one of the best keepers in the league likely to step straight in if we have to say bye to Shay

We also want a player who has been raved on here for years now in Dorrans but for some strange reason he is supposedly having second thoughts about joining a team in 10th in the Champo and might stay at Premier club WBA

If all we end up with is Graham and the Chelsea boys that is a bloody good window but to some it is a sign of a club lacking ambition and a chairman who won't spend money.

Reality check please

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if we have money it is daft to save it for the summer, think we have a real chance of promotion this season more than the last 3 years. would be daft to pass up this chance and wait till the summer

I ain't got a name yet! But was told this morning that the Dorrans link was a cover up for our actual intentions lol confused I am.

Like the old Kansas City Shuffle...everybody looks right and we go left?

if we have money it is daft to save it for the summer, think we have a real chance of promotion this season more than the last 3 years. would be daft to pass up this chance and wait till the summer

We don't have a great chance of promotion this year. We've got a chance of making the play-offs, but it's a slim one because unlike last season, most of the top 7 keep on winning.

Even if we were to finish 6th, we are still not promoted. I think we'll have a better chance next season, AK will have established who he needs and we will be a better team for it. You have to look at the long game sometimes.

We don't have a great chance of promotion this year. We've got a chance of making the play-offs, but it's a slim one because unlike last season, most of the top 7 keep on winning.

Even if we were to finish 6th, we are still not promoted. I think we'll have a better chance next season, AK will have established who he needs and we will be a better team for it. You have to look at the long game sometimes.

compared to other seasons we look like we could really challenge this season. a real chance was perhaps a exaggeration but compared to the last 3 seasons it is a good chance still. surely it would be better to get a player in now so at least he has 5 months with the team opposed to only pre season

compared to other seasons we look like we could really challenge this season. a real chance was perhaps a exaggeration but compared to the last 3 seasons it is a good chance still. surely it would be better to get a player in now so at least he has 5 months with the team opposed to only pre season

Why pay a lot of money now for a player Karanka doesn't really want due to a slim chance of reaching the play offs when we can wait till the summer, give all the money to Karanka to buy his own players and ultimately be a better team for it.

This time last season we were still sat in a play off place, how does this season look better than that? Because we won 5 out of 6 before we lost to Leicester?

The exact words of the technical director were ''they made a bid yes, but it was much too low do not take it seriously''.

Oh Weasel I guess we are being a bit cheeky offering less than they paid after he's having a decent season.