oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough V Bolton

Result  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Result

• Boro win
    • Draw
    • Bolton Win

I took the eldest along to this one, our first game in quite a while, as I tend to work weekends and evenings most of the time. The first half was very slow, and at times it was like they'd been told not to get too carried away, not to try anything adventurous. There were several times when the ball went up the left flank, and instead of getting up and supporting/overlapping Carayol, Friend just dropped back behind the halfway line and waited. It was a bit frustrating, but I understand the method behind it.

The second half was completely different, and the introduction of Emnes and Main changed the game entirely for the better. With some pace and trickery up front, combined with a willingness to run at their defense, we looked good. The penalties added a bit of excitement, both the good and bad kind, and overall it was an enjoyable game.

One thing I did note though, was that Rhys is not a right back in any way, shape or form. His actual defending is OK, but he doesn't look comfortable away from the centre of the pitch. And his runs up the wing weren't great, he looked like he was running through mud at times. It's a shame, as the lads obviously got some class and quality in there, but we don't seem to be able to find a position to get the most of out of him at the moment. Others will disagree on that, going by some of the match ratings, but he's not doing it for me.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images