oneBoro Forum

Xbox One vs PS4

15 members have voted

1. 1. ....

• Xbox One
    • PS4

ps4 is currently 329 although some retailers have had it down to 309 xbone will not be brought down to ps4 price yet, although a price drop is planned after the failure of the get 100 off the price of an xbone when you trade in a ps3.

Both consoles now charge for online gameplay however playstation offers free ps3 games and ps4 games for free to download as part of ps plus it also allows you to watch your netflix account without paying for online services ( microsoft require you to have a gold membership to get online before you can use netflix and some other apps)

ps4 has completely redeveloped its interface and is now more like the user friendly interface that microsoft use.

while the ps4 controller has changed shape slightly the layout is still the same but is said to be comfier than the ps3 version.

at last count the ps4 was outselling the xbone by 2:1 and this is before it was released in its native japan.

one last thing... both consoles require an internet connection straight out of the box to use 90% of the features so make sure you have access to internet before purchasing (although newer consoles may come with these patches built in but I doubt it)

I tried to be as unbiased as possible when writing that but think I failed as its obvious I prefer sony.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

They've ran out of stock on them I believe. Most places are saying a 4 week waiting period.

The price point quoted for me in Japan for the PS4 + the eye camera thing was 270 quid. 240 without. Basically 100 quid cheaper than the UK.

The Xbone you can still pick up anywhere. It just ain't selling in Europe.

I personally like the Xbox One, the main reason for the PS4 doing so well here is the price difference, as the consoles are pretty similar at the end of the day

at the end of the day the ps4 is the more powerful console and its a marginal difference really but this is only because of the fact the ps4 is purely gaming whereas the xbox has tv and side by side screens which eat up power, other than that as you have said there is not a lot of distance between them, just depends if you want a pure games console or something to take the place of your freeview box.

The real difference in the console depends on your taste. Afterall, a games console should be selected based on the exclusive games as these are the major difference.

In my opinion, sony wipes the floor of xbox in this regard in both quantity and quality and will continue tobe my choice as long as they maintain their business model

The real difference in the console depends on your taste. Afterall, a games console should be selected based on the exclusive games as these are the major difference.

In my opinion, sony wipes the floor of xbox in this regard in both quantity and quality and will continue tobe my choice as long as they maintain their business model

Have to disagree in terms of exclusive games. The likes of Titanfall which will be a massive franchise and Halo are far better than any exclusives I've seen on the PS4.

Don't want to come across as some Xbox fanboy though as I have played the PS4 and it really does just come down to personal preference

Ps4 wont get into its stride for a year or two with exclusives. Same thing happened with ps3, nothing for first year then uncharted came along. Followed by god of war, last of us, infamous, mgs4, gran turismo etc. Theres just far more selection on ps, all xbox has is fps games. Which is fair enough if thats what youre into.

Xbox as I said before is very American-centric which tends to focus on all the useless TV stuff and FPS. Playstation likes to attract as many people as possible and so tend to produce a product which has a verity of games and content.

I also think the PSN games out-strip many of the XBL ones.

To be fair quality is largely down to personal preference too. I had a PS3 and hated the likes of uncharted and the last of us which everyone seemed to think were excellent games. They bored me and the gameplay mechanics were too clunky for my liking. I didn't think the storylines were anything groundbreaking either but they received rave reviews.

Equally there is nothing more I hate in this world than CoD. Nothing. Poor games with poor gameplay, simply bizarre and poorly thought storylines and plenty of server issues. Not the biggest fan of FPS but the battlefield series is pretty good and Titanfall looks special. No fiddling around wasting time on 4 hour single player campaigns which no-one will care about anyway, just all out multiplayer action.

Currently it's way too soon to be calling one better than the other, they've barely got any games let alone exclusives out.

All I'm waiting it out for is to see if Fallout 4 is an exclusive. If it is I'm picking whichever console it's exclusive to. I wish Bethesda weren't arsing about with Wolfenstein, doom 4 and whatever that new survival horror they're making is called, I just want to see more Elder Scrolls (not online, played the beta, it's nothing special) and more fallout games!

About TES online, I'd recommend people to wait for release before buying this one. I played up until I got to level 17 on the beta. The quests were much of a muchness: Go here, kill this dude, take that stuff, come back here. Pretty much standard MMO quests, however there was next to nothing in the gameworld. Just walking through it, it was barren. There was little to do, few monsters to fight, etc. This might feel better when there's a lot of players on, but the gameworld is vast and this could make it feel too bare. I love TES games, but my advice for anyone going into it is don't expect it to be anything like Skyrim just online. Go into it with an open mind and you might enjoy it. Go into it thinking Skyrim online and you'll walk away just as disappointed and disillusioned as I am.