•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------- Given -----------------

- Varga - Woodgate - Gibson - Friend -

--------- Williams - Smallwood --------

----- Adomah --- Emnes --- Carayol -----

----------------- Kamara ---------------

Could definitely get behind this team. Similar team as against Bolton (rightly so) with basically only forced changes. And in this relatively experimental early stage of Karanka's management, it does seem like a good opportunity to test Varga's current credentials at RB and Williams in CM. Those are, afterall, probably two of the main positions where an individual hasn't truly convinced in staking a claim to make that position their own.

I have a policy of only predicting boro wins, so 2-0 to the boro with Kamara and Adomah to score :p

Would like to see the following team:

-------------------Given---------------------

Varga-------Woodgate---Gibson--------Friend

----Leadbitter---------------Smallwood-------

Adomah------------Emnes------------Carayol

-------------------Kamara-------------------

Picked that team as we're playing away from home, so I feel the 2 more holding midfield players are required. I also think we need to try and play fast, fluent counter attacking football, which in theory is ideal as Carayol in particular is absolutely rapid, and Adomah, Emnes and Kei all also have a decent burst of pace on them.

Think it's crucial to play Emnes alongside Kei, as Butterfield doesn't seem to ever be close enough to Kei to collect any of his flick ons, and if there's one thing which can be guaranteed in this match, it's that Kei will be dominant in the air as per. Derby don't have a defender bigger than Kei, and I'd bet good money that none of their defenders are able to leap half as high as him. I don't think we have the quality to play through Derby's midfield, so knocking it long up to Kei and using the pace of our other forwards will be key methinks. Leadbitter and Smallwood should hopefully shield the defence. We'll need all the help we can get to try to stifle the highest scoring team in the league.

I hope we set up as solid as we were against Bolton for the first half, even at the expense of a bit of attacking threat. The one thing that stood out v Bolton was that the emphasis was on being organised and hard to beat first and foremost, which is pretty much everything that the Championship is about so if that's anything to show how Karanka will approach games in the future it's good to see that he is adapting and won't be stubborn.

I have a policy of only predicting boro wins, so 2-0 to the boro with Kamara and Adomah to score :p

Picked that team as we're playing away from home, so I feel the 2 more holding midfield players are required. I also think we need to try and play fast, fluent counter attacking football, which in theory is ideal as Carayol in particular is absolutely rapid, and Adomah, Emnes and Kei all also have a decent burst of pace on them.

Think it's crucial to play Emnes alongside Kei, as Butterfield doesn't seem to ever be close enough to Kei to collect any of his flick ons, and if there's one thing which can be guaranteed in this match, it's that Kei will be dominant in the air as per. Derby don't have a defender bigger than Kei, and I'd bet good money that none of their defenders are able to leap half as high as him. I don't think we have the quality to play through Derby's midfield, so knocking it long up to Kei and using the pace of our other forwards will be key methinks. Leadbitter and Smallwood should hopefully shield the defence. We'll need all the help we can get to try to stifle the highest scoring team in the league.

No leadbitter MMC :(

He is suspended mate

He is suspended mate

I know. I'm pointing out to MMC that leadbitter won't be able to play

---------------------Given-------------------

---Williams--Woodgate--Gibson--Friend---

-Adomah-Whitehead-Smallwood-Carayol-

--------------------Emnes-------------------

He is suspended mate

Sorry long day!

Boroinbishop's Random Question:

What is your favourite zoo animal?[/align]

Surely you mean a Lion. :P

I don't think this post got anywhere near enough credit :D

Going to be a tough game. Reckon we'll get a score draw.

My favourite zoo animal is that great hairy orangutan, picking its nose and scratching its big red ar... oh, wait, no... that's a mirror isn't it?... oh :(

He is suspended mate

Sorry long day!

My bad guys! Forgot he was suspended. Varga at CM then and Rhys at RB