oneBoro Forum

v Man City u 21

Despite Shaun Wilson's upbeat assessment on the Boro site we were out classed and beat 4-1 and it could have been 7-1 if we'd have been unlucky.

Leutwiler was not at fault for any of the goals with the possible exception of the one he beat out and Guedetti put away

Bennett is a good right back but he was struggling against the constant onslaught

Melling is a good full back against a bad team when they allow him to get forward. He consistently tries

Burn - is not a bad central defender and he a***st others got into blocking situations many times - he was a busy lad

Jackson - captain but he could not get his body /fingers in to all the holes in the defensive wall

Bradley Halliday - one of his best displays and effort that I have seen

Mark Kitching - a good lad and a big lad but the first time I've seen him play. Broke up a lot and got forward for an outstanding individual goal.

Jordan Jones played left wing despite the number 7. Caused more than a few problems and one occasion nearly made it 2-2. Sadly however he is not a fighter and can turn off too quickly

Andy Halliday - he has it all at this level and does not work hard enough to achieve more of which he is clearly capable.

Main - worked hard and annoyed the opposition to little effect and had few if any opportunities to score

Luke Williams - he's a truly remarkable young man but he did little to prove it

Park came on later in the game and showed once again an unusual level of ability in flashes

The opposition played like our first team is being encouraged to play. We had few if any answers. The Man City guys are hunting contracts in a very big club. Most of them won't make it. - there are a few worth signing in there - worth bearing in mind.

The guy in front came from Grimsby for virtually every game and most of the rest of the 135 that were there had similar connections

I'd love to say we are the match of Man City but on this performance we are not even close