oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall (A)

still think carayol is the better player, ledesma has moments of genius but is out of the game far too often. won the game for us yesterday but still was drifting in and out of the game too much for me, wasted a good chance too with that chip.

he has been doing well in the u21 team aparantly so he deserved this chance, looks like he will get a few more games if muzzy is out for a bit

was very impressed with gibson yesterday, MOTM for me. going to be a top player for us

To be honest, I've always thought that the ability to drift in and out of a game is one of the qualities of a good striker. Let the other team think you're doing nowt and they'll write you off and allow you space.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Still struggling to understand why we are criticising a team which has just won away from home in a pretty big game for us.

We're not stupid, we know it wasn't perfect but let's enjoy this rare winning feeling and not be negative nellies.

Haha. I think we are all enjoying the win. Very much so! But it's fair enough to pinpoint the odds weaknesses (consistent game-by-game weaknesses that is, so the regular under performers) as against better teams those weaknesses will get exploited.

That said, excellent away performance and I think everyone has said they are chuffed with the result.

Right this is doing my head in, the commentator raised it too

The chip was not the stupid thing to do. The chip was not a waste.

Watch the replays and look what he had in the way between him and the goal, a defender and a goalkeeper were blocking a clear route to goal - the chip showed ingenuity and something different. Would you rather he blasted it and it ricocheted off a defender and resulted in nothing?

Same end product, but the thought process behind the chip is much more promising and we should be encouraging our players to try stuff which is out of the ordinary as it makes us harder to read as a team and opponents will worry. Stop being negative and encourage this flair.

Completely agree.

Personally, I'd rather see Adomah on the left. His shooting seems to be better than his crossing.

I wouldn't say I'd rather see Adomah on the left, but I definitely think long-term it could work and might be more effective.

-- Ledesma --- Emnes/Butterfield --- Adomah --

----------------- ?????/Kamara ---------------

Could work. Ledesma has good ball control imo and a few have been saying for a while now that Carayol's blistering pace might be more effective off the bench vs tired legs.

I wasn't aiming my post toward you :) I totally agree weaknesses were exposed (Ahem, friend) aha.

In other news - praying we follow this up with a good performance against Burnley.

Also, Dunne has apologised for pushing Ledesma when he was showing respect to Parnaby during his goal celebration...

"@alandunne2: Obviously never knew about why they were celebrating there goal yesterday apologies to the lad,.Now all u Boro fans get off my nuts."

Classy as ever

Hmm, I have some sympathy for him to be honest. Ledesma did his own celebration messing around with whatever was on his own t shirt first, showing it to the TV camera etc and then after that decided to get Parnaby's shirt from the bench and then show that, which was when the aggro started. If he'd just gone and got Parnaby's shirt from the beginning then there wouldn't have been a problem as it would have taken half the time it did. If the same thing happened to me in a game I'd be annoyed to as I'd be wanting to get the game started quickly to try and get back into it. And if an opposition player did the same as he did at the Riverside you'd all be going ballistic about it.

he clearly didnt know what was going on so we cant have a go at him for pushing ledesma. fair play to him for apologising but what an absolute *** to follow it up like that. sounds like a utter *** to me

he clearly didnt know what was going on so we cant have a go at him for pushing ledesma. fair play to him for apologising but what an absolute *** to follow it up like that. sounds like a utter *** to me

Agreed James, misunderstanding on the celebration is one thing, but an empty apology that then swings to poor him, Boro fans get off my nuts etc - complete prat.

Juke impressed me when he came on as he done a far better job than Main at holding the ball up and setting off a few counter attacks(including Adomah's goal if I remember correctly). If it was Main he would have probably miscontrolled the ball and the moves would have broken down.