oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall (A)

This will be a bitterly disappointing 1-1 draw where we huff and puff to no avail. The Brighton match yesterday really has put me in a bad mood with all things boro related. I have no faith in us picking up our performances and results until January where we can shuffle the pack a bit with some signings and departures. There will be no silver lining for us in 2013. It'll finish with the same disappointing way it begun, a string of poor performances and results.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Think we're gunna struggle for the next month or so. And then, just like magic, *PUFF* 2014 will be a year to remember. A top half finish (just) come the end of the 2013-14 season and comfortably in the top 4 by Crimbo next year. It'll be typical Boro as we throw away any chance of automatic promotion with some disheartening blow ups against the Championship's weak links in early 2015, but a play-off position will be secured with a game in hand. A dominant display from the men in red sees us coast through the play-off semi-final. However, it takes a fight back from a goal down, not once, but twice, to see us sneak into extra-time in the play-off final itself. A last gasp winner from Adomah and the Boro faithful go wild. PL football returns to the Riverside, albeit just for the one season. As does Downing.

You heard it here first :sleepy:

Think we're gunna struggle for the next month or so. And then, just like magic, *PUFF* 2014 will be a year to remember. A top half finish (just) come the end of the 2013-14 season and comfortably in the top 4 by Crimbo next year. It'll be typical Boro as we throw away any chance of automatic promotion with some disheartening blow ups against the Championship's weak links in early 2015, but a play-off position will be secured with a game in hand. A dominant display from the men in red sees us coast through the play-off semi-final. However, it takes a fight back from a goal down, not once, but twice, to see us sneak into extra-time in the play-off final itself. A last gasp winner from Adomah and the Boro faithful go wild. PL football returns to the Riverside, albeit just for the one season. As does Downing.

You heard it here first :sleepy:

Downing returns after a man of the match display against Germany in the World Cup final winning it on penalties (Steele saving the decisive one). :)

Sad as it is - given current results and our expected inebriated form come Christmas we'll loose Saturday and loose our next two games against Burnley and Reading. BUT, the hope that the new year will bring new players and some confidence with a win against Bolton should kick start our season.

Sure McDonald and or Bailey will score against us btw.

Merry Bloody Christmas.

I have a 3 litre box of red wine to drink watching the game so we had better win, or the wife will need to learn to bob and weave!!

I'm confident. Give my mate Juke someone to play up front with and get some crosses in.

Reap the rewards.

Hello all. I have not managed to contribute for a while, what with work and typhoons and so on it has been pretty hectic. And TBH the way we have been performing I have not been in the mood to even think about this team as I have had enough on my plate.

Anyway. Maybe we can turn it around. Usually we do pretty well up to Christmas. then nose dive for no apparent reason. Perhaps this year it will be the opposite?

One can only hope. C'mon Boro. Give us some Christmas cheer. Something to smile about. I dont even have electricity back yet!!!

Thanks DS. I live in Aklan. Western Visayas. We were hit hard but were fortunate not to have the tsunami. Mind you. The wind did enough damage. Never seen anything like it. 5 hours of 200+ mph winds does not leave anything unscathed.

Main thing is all the family got through without injury. So we are grateful for that.

If we get power back before Christmas we might have something to celebrate. And Boro picking up some points will help too!!

Wow - glad to hear you and the family are okay BA. Things like that tend to put football-related problems into perspective.

As to the forthcoming match, I'd say we have reasons to be cheerful. Millwall are struggling as badly as Boro. They have lost 3 of their last 6 games, as have we and have the worst defence in the league, conceding 40 goals in 20 games. They're also not exactly brilliant in front of goal either, scoring just 25 times. So, there is some hope for Boro...once again, provided we can cut out the stupid defensive mistakes.

Here's the tale of the tape:

SBC21Dec13_zpsfc5de84f.png

I think I might put some money on a narrow, scrappy win.

My Prediction: Millwall 0 - 1 Boro

Luckily I was out at the christmas markets in manchester last week, drinking and eating and engaging in general merriment when the brighton game was on so I heard nothing about it (other than the score), and I dont think I want to know anything about it tbh... Its taken me the rest of this week to care enough about this useless shower we support to pick up my digital pen again...

Reckon we'll get a win in the lions den, need to rub one in the faces of all the lads who moved down there! Softy southerners! 2-1 to boro. Kamara and leadbitter to score.

I really couldnt take losing again... it's been a crappy year in boro land!