Boro V Millwall (A)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Don't want Juke or Main starting up front in that lone role if I'm honest. Which is a problem, because they're the obvious remaining candidates in our squad to be at the forefront of our 4-2-3-1 system. And I don't have any confidence in our defence.

January can't come soon enough.

I think the last thing we want up against the millwall centre backs -particularly beevers- is to get into a physical battle with them. So for that reason, I'd start without an out and out centre forward, and play with the three skillful ones in behind a 'false 9' striker so they can all rotate and make it difficult for the slow centre backs to deal with

Given

Williams, Woodgate/Gibson, Ayala, Friend

Leadbitter, Whitehead

Adomah, Emnes, Carayol

L. Williams

Karanka hasn't tried a 4-2-3-1 with Carayol - Butterfield - Adomah behind Emnes in strike. Lots of pace and skill for quick breaks but very little aerial threat. Emnes is generally used to drop deeper so I doubt he'd be able to lead the line on his own.

Karanka hasn't tried a 4-2-3-1 with Carayol - Butterfield - Adomah behind Emnes in strike. Lots of pace and skill for quick breaks but very little aerial threat. Emnes is generally used to drop deeper so I doubt he'd be able to lead the line on his own.

My thoughts exactly.

But, given the injuries and choice of players, it's probably [begrudgingly] the system and personnel I'd opt for.

I think the last thing we want up against the millwall centre backs -particularly beevers- is to get into a physical battle with them. So for that reason, I'd start without an out and out centre forward, and play with the three skillful ones in behind a 'false 9' striker so they can all rotate and make it difficult for the slow centre backs to deal with

Given

Williams, Woodgate/Gibson, Ayala, Friend

Leadbitter, Whitehead

Adomah, Emnes, Carayol

L. Williams

Though this could be very interesting too. Still, risky for Karanka to test out a young player to lead the line at this point of the season when we face the very worrying reality of a relegation battle. And from what I've seen L.Williams might be another of those best suited just behind the main striker.

That said, that lad does have a lot of raw talent. We've seen that a few times when he has been selected.

It would be a very "Spanish" system so it must enter Karanka's mind. But it could leave us even more vulnerable than normal in set pieces as we will be lacking another big man. Playing Rhys RB and Gibson LB could help offset the lack of aerial strength though.

I like the look of that shape, but I'd change a few of the players.

I'd drop Friend to stiffen up the defence, bring in Varga for a bit of steel in midfield, and to cover Ledesma, who deserves a chance in the attacking midfield role. butterfield can come on second half if the gamble doesn't work, without changing the shape. it leaves us with a fluid front 3, allowing the wingers to tuck in so that Emnes isn't too isolated, with a bit of flair in the centre of the field. Millwall have conceded a lot of goals, so it would be worth probing them with some creative attacking football.

----------Given----------------

---Williams, Woodgate, Ayala, Gibson--

--------Leadbitter, Varga----------

Adomah, -----Ledesma, -----------Carayol

----------------Emnes--------------

I like the look of that shape, but I'd change a few of the players.

I'd drop Friend to stiffen up the defence, bring in Varga for a bit of steel in midfield, and to cover Ledesma, who deserves a chance in the attacking midfield role. butterfield can come on second half if the gamble doesn't work, without changing the shape. it leaves us with a fluid front 3, allowing the wingers to tuck in so that Emnes isn't too isolated, with a bit of flair in the centre of the field. Millwall have conceded a lot of goals, so it would be worth probing them with some creative attacking football.

---Williams, Woodgate, Ayala, Gibson--

--------Leadbitter, Varga----------

Adomah, -----Ledesma, -----------Carayol

----------------Emnes--------------

I'd like to see the team below play at Millwall. Varga play RB for his country and he has a great engine to get up and down. Woody is injured so the rest of the back line picks itself at the mo.

Leadbitter and Whitehead just to sit and give the front 4 a base from which to play. Ledesma and Luke Williams are yet to be given a chance and I think they could both shine in a counter attacking situation. All know where the goal is too. Emnes is still our best striker imo.

---Varga, Gibson, Ayala, Friend--

--------Leadbitter, Whitehead----------

--------------Ledesma, -----------

Adomah---------Emnes------William (L)

Millwalls first choice RB is out injured(or at least a major doubt) and Hoyte(2nd choice) is ineligible to play so Carayol could be up against their 3rd choice RB so we should target whoever it is.

1-0 with a Butterfield screamer.

Just realised I'm going to be out tomorrow evening, going to have to record the match and go dark until I can watch it. It will drive me mad knowing we've played a match and I don't know the score

If be happy to text you the score if you PM me your number mate.