Boro V Millwall (A)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Was putting my coupons on thus morning and accidentally pressed Boro win 4-0. So took that as a omen and put £4 on it at 50/1

Morning all. Sorry if its been discussed already. Does anyone know if they are selling tickets on the gate today? Many thanks

Yes they are buy one get 10 free:D

Will not be many Boro fans there today but yes they are selling tickets

Want to see us play a counter attacking side today wit a lot of pace. I don't want Karanka to be tempted to use Juke against Millwall. He's strong, but so are Millwall, they're a big, physical side and there's no point playing to their strengths. I think if we keep the ball on the floor and play fast and direct football then we could slaughter Millwall. I'm not sure about which players are injured, but I'd play a 4-3-3 with the following players:

------------------Given-------------------

Williams-----Woody----Ayala-------Gibson-

------Whitehead---------Leadboots-------

----------------Butterfield----------------

Adomah---------------------------Carayol

------------------Emnes*----------------

*if still injured then substitute in Main.

Given picks himself really. Williams isn't the quickest, but neither are Millwall. Definitely a better option than Richardson and I haven't seen enough of Varga to contemplate whether he would be the man I'd pick. Under normal circumstances I'd pick Woodgate and Gibson at centre back, but Friend has been abysmal of late. Halliday isn't a left back so Gibson needs to slot in there, and Ayala is alright at centre back. Only things that hamper him are his sporadic moments of poor judgement.

I went for a midfield trio of Whitehead, Leadbitter and Butterfield as I think Whitehead in particular is a good anchor, and has shown better form in recent performances than earlier this season. Leadbitter has really surprised me and become an all action box to box midfielder who has (on the whole) impressed me this season by addressing his weaker areas (set pieces, long passing) and improved them. Seems to be a bit more attacking minded this season, but his ball retention has gotten worse. Butterfield hasn't impressed since his early performances, but I maintain that we haven't seen the best of him. This 4-3-3 system with Butterfield pressing a bit further forward than Grant and Dean would make him the focal point between defence and attack. With Emnes in front of him making clever runs and opening up space, we could also see some more of his famed distance shooting.

I want to see Carayol and Adomah played as proper wingers, bombing forward whenever possible and using their pace to wreak havoc on the counter. I want to see them try to get past their man and cut into the box and roll a low ball across, as we won't outdo the Millwall defence in the air. The only way we ever could is with Kei as he seems to win most aerial balls. I'd also be interested in seeing Emnes, Carayol and Adomah not play fixed roles. With the 3 of them interchanging it could cause confusion in the Millwall defence. Equally it could cause confusion in our own team! It's a risky tactic but we have to switch it up if we want to finally get back to winning ways. We need to try something new which teams won't be expecting. Why not give it a bash. If it doesn't work, bring on Main second half and just drill balls along the 6 yard box for him to get a toe on. I really do think that Adomah, Carayol and Emnes are clever enough players to make that system work.

I'm going for a 3-0 win, because that's what we need. We need not just a win, but a convincing win. We need to get our attacking players back on the scoresheet and 3 goals would certainly aid here. We need to build up some confidence and stability at the back and what better way than a clean sheet? Most importantly we need some hope. This year has been truly awful and point for point w have to be one of the worst teams in the football league this year. What better way to spread some cheer at such a festive time of year than a solid 3-0 win? Would be even better to get 2 good results from our next 2 games and build up a bit of good form. Emnes will score, as will Butterfield, as will Adomah. Really hope Christmas will come early today.

UTB!

Morning all. Sorry if its been discussed already. Does anyone know if they are selling tickets on the gate today? Many thanks

Yes they are buy one get 10 free:D

Will not be many Boro fans there today but yes they are selling tickets

Cheers for the reply. 3 points today! I have not seen Boro lose this season! Only been to Charlton mind!

I'm going to be ambitious, 2-1 win for us. It'll be a good way to sign off our 2013 away season on a brighter note.

Given

Williams - Ayala - Woody* - Friend

Leadbitter - Whitehead

Adomah - Butterfield - Carayol

Juke

* If Woodgate not fit, put Gibson in.