• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

How did ripely do?

I didn't see the game but I've seen ripely play a number of times before and to me he looks like he's going to be a very good keeper.

I like the way he try's to catch balls into the box instead of punching them like a lot of keepers do.

Had a very good game, one save from zaha in particular which went low to his right from pretty close range yhe ball having just went through bBennetts legs. He got down very quick and got a good strong hand on it. He impressed me.

Agreed NB4. Ripley had a very good game and, with the exception of one mistake in the last ten minutes which nearly cost us the game (his positioning was all wrong and the ball sailed over his head to an unmarked Zaha at the back post), he didn't really seem to put a foot wrong. Having said that, I thought his distribution was a bit weak; I lost track of the number of his kicks that went straight into touch.

As an aside, I thought Zaha was incredibly average once he came on. He didn't look remotely interested unless the ball was at his feet, and then he tried to walk past 4 or 5 players. Whoever we had at left back (Bennett) did an excellent job of marking him.

Not sure why but I can't find the Charlton Match day thread anywhere so I thought i'd put it here.

Boro have taken us by surprise again and have gone the extra mile for the fans, as the FLS/Sky highlights & even Boro+ aren't showing Given's super save they have uploaded it to facebook & the Gazette have uploaded it on there website.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boro-save-day-small-screen-6532201?

But on a less positive note if they have the entire game on DVD why don't they upload that onto Boro+ instead of the Highlights everyone else gets?

Also I much prefer Ali's commentary than that other blokes. :)

Edit: just seen it is on Boro+ before Shay's post match interview. Still here it is for those that don't have +.

Not sure why but I can't find the Charlton Match day thread anywhere so I thought i'd put it here.

Boro have taken us by surprise again and have gone the extra mile for the fans, as the FLS/Sky highlights & even Boro+ aren't showing Given's super save they have uploaded it to facebook & the Gazette have uploaded it on there website.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boro-save-day-small-screen-6532201?

But on a less positive note if they have the entire game on DVD why don't they upload that onto Boro+ instead of the Highlights everyone else gets?

Also I much prefer Ali's commentary than that other blokes. :)

Edit: just seen it is on Boro+ before Shay's post match interview.

http://oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=5986&action=lastpost

old match day threads are moved to there own sub forum after a couple of days.