• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

CT wrote "Maybe Stephens could miss out sometimes but yeah what you've said there isn't far wrong. The Adomah situation perhaps complicates things a bit though? If there's no way forward from him here then do we let him go out on loan just to get him away and do we then need an attacker to come in?"

Yeah Stephens could miss out, but AK likes to have 2 defenders on the bench, although Nsue could be an option CT.

Blimey, we are going to need a bigger bench!

CT wrote "Maybe Stephens could miss out sometimes but yeah what you've said there isn't far wrong.  The Adomah situation perhaps complicates things a bit though?  If there's no way forward from him here then do we let him go out on loan just to get him away and do we then need an attacker to come in?"

Yeah Stephens could miss out, but AK likes to have 2 defenders on the bench, although Nsue could be an option CT.

Nsue could cover right back and right wing to be fair so you do get two positions covered with him in the side, as long as you feel he's an adequate right sided attacker of course.

CT wrote "Maybe Stephens could miss out sometimes but yeah what you've said there isn't far wrong.  The Adomah situation perhaps complicates things a bit though?  If there's no way forward from him here then do we let him go out on loan just to get him away and do we then need an attacker to come in?"

Nsue could cover right back and right wing to be fair so you do get two positions covered with him in the side, as long as you feel he's an adequate right sided attacker of course.

True, if we field the same starting 11 as we did against Wednesday, that would leave us with quite a pool of players to chose from for the bench: Nugent, Nsue, Forshaw, De Pena, Stuani, Stephens, Amorebieta, Adomah, Wildschut, Woodgate plus a GK. It will take a few weeks for Adomah to come back, if he does, woody and Wildschut would be the others to miss out I would say. that would leave Nugent, Stuani, Forshaw, De Pena, Stephens or Nsue and Amorebieta as our outfield bench.

I think we are in a better situation now with adohma than we were a week ago

If wed turned down offers wed have a very very inhappy player on our hands , however as we didnt recieve any offers our hand has been strengthened. Adomah must surely be thinking id better knuckle down a bit as ive very little options otherwise

Tim Vickery on Talksport was just talking about De Pena. Didn't seem that impressed although I was only half listening so I might have missed something. The bit I heard said he was no world beater but it's always useful having someone with a left foot. Did anyone else hear it fully by any chance as I'm pretty sure there was more than just that said? Might try and listen again later.

Tim Vickery on Talksport was just talking about De Pena. Didn't seem that impressed although I was only half listening so I might have missed something. The bit I heard said he was no world beater but it's always useful having someone with a left foot. Did anyone else hear it fully by any chance as I'm pretty sure there was more than just that said? Might try and listen again later.

He said he's a tricky left winger. Not a world beater but will do well in the championship alongside Stuani. I thought it sounded encouraging tbh.

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1441195200#

The De Pena stuff is on at about 12m 12 secs if people are interested.

"Little left winger, busy little player, who I think will do well in the Championship"

Thinks Stuani being here will help (makes sense)

"He's not going to be a world beater, but it's always good to have a left foot and a little bit of industry"

Sounds like he was going to say something else positive such as he will do well but he changed subject to talk about it being nice that he's joined Boro who started the South American influx with Juninho and Emerson and that he'd interviewed them recently and they both have so much affection still for the club.

Sounds good, hopefully he will be involved in one of the two next games as there might be some rotation with them being Saturday/Tuesday?

Tim Vickery on Talksport was just talking about De Pena.  Didn't seem that impressed although I was only half listening so I might have missed something.  The bit I heard said he was no world beater but it's always useful having someone with a left foot.  Did anyone else hear it fully by any chance as I'm pretty sure there was more than just that said?  Might try and listen again later.

He said he's a tricky left winger. Not a world beater but will do well in the championship alongside Stuani. I thought it sounded encouraging tbh.

Yeah cheers mate, I managed to get on the listen again thing and listen to it properly :)

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1441195200#

The De Pena stuff is on at about 12m 12 secs if people are interested.

"Little left winger, busy little player, who I think will do well in the Championship"

Thinks Stuani being here will help (makes sense)

"He's not going to be a world beater, but it's always good to have a left foot and a little bit of industry"

Sounds like he was going to say something else positive such as he will do well but he changed subject to talk about it being nice that he's joined Boro who started the South American influx with Juninho and Emerson and that he'd interviewed them recently and they both have so much affection still for the club.

Sounds good, hopefully he will be involved in one of the two next games as there might be some rotation with them being Saturday/Tuesday?

Wouldn't surprise me to see him come on as sub in both, maybe starting the Wolves cup game. I see him more of a Wildschut 'prospect' type signing, who will get the nod if he does the business in training, than a Kike/Downing player who has been brought in to start.

That is not a criticism of the player or management, by the way, just that, similar to the Eredivisie, the Uruguayan league has no reference point in England. So unless he comes on and makes a huge impact, I think he'll be eased in and it might be Christmas or after til we start seeing him play the majority of our games.

Or i could be completely wrong. 

I think we are in a better situation now with adohma than we were a week ago

If wed turned down offers wed have a very very inhappy player on our hands , however as we didnt recieve any offers our hand has been strengthened. Adomah must surely be thinking id better knuckle down a bit as ive very little options otherwise

I think I read that We Had Priced Him Out Of A Move. So it will probably depend on whether he deems our valuation of him realistic or not.