• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

I don't think gibbo would ever sell us to anyone unless he knew they had the club's best interests at heart. I hope he's here for a good few more years!

The problem with that is that you can't really know for sure whether they have the best interests of the club at heart.  Let's be honest, anyone buying into the club would be doing it for their own reasons, not because of anything to do with the football club.  As long as those reasons happens to coincide with the best interests of the club then there's no problem but if they don't then it's a different story but by then it's too late.  Personally I'd rather succeed or fail as what we are now with a local owner.  I can't say that foreign investment interests me much at all.  I'd rather be us than Man City.

I don't think gibbo would ever sell us to anyone unless he knew they had the club's best interests at heart. I hope he's here for a good few more years!

The problem with that is that you can't really know for sure whether they have the best interests of the club at heart.  Let's be honest, anyone buying into the club would be doing it for their own reasons, not because of anything to do with the football club.  As long as those reasons happens to coincide with the best interests of the club then there's no problem but if they don't then it's a different story but by then it's too late.  Personally I'd rather succeed or fail as what we are now with a local owner.  I can't say that foreign investment interests me much at all.  I'd rather be us than Man City.

Yeh same here. The only way I'd want investment is with Gibson maintaining a controlling share, but I can't imagine many investors being interested in that.

I imagine the decision will be more to do what Gibson wants than anything else. Maybe this season was one last push and now he wants out. He's invested a lot of money from his main interest, Bulkhaul. He's responsible for employing a lot of people and maybe he'd always said to himself that once we got back up, he'd recoup the money he'd spent and sell the club as a premier league club, he is a very good businessman after all.

It's strange that people are saying "why would he sell now, when he's achieved his dream?" I would argue that now is the obvious time to sell the club, I'm not saying that he's going to, it's all an entirely hypothetical theory, but there does seem to have been a lot more movement behind the scenes in the last couple of years,

The other alternative, if we are bringing this international business fella in is that we are just trying to develop support around the world to create bigger income streams for the club to become self sustainable.

The other alternative, if we are bringing this international business fella in is that we are just trying to develop support around the world to create bigger income streams for the club to become self sustainable.

I think you are right about that. If a global business wants exposure in the Prem it would be much cheaper for them to work with a smaller team like Boro. A shirt sponsorship with one of the big Asian companies would be more beneficial for us and they would get a cheaper sponsorship in the Prem.

Gibson hasn't exactly been speaking like a man looking to sell. He very much sounds like he wants to be part of the push to stay in the PL.

He won't be there forever but I don't think it's over yet.

That's exactly what I'd have thought it was as well if I hadn't heard the other stuff beforehand.  This is more likely but you never know.

I think you are right about that. If a global business wants exposure in the Prem it would be much cheaper for them to work with a smaller team like Boro. A shirt sponsorship with one of the big Asian companies would be more beneficial for us and they would get a cheaper sponsorship in the Prem.

Ramsdens are the shirt sponsors.

Ramsdens are the shirt sponsors.

I think their deal only runs until next season, could be wrong though.

Dunno, I just know they're here for next season as it stands.

Ramsdens sent me an email which said that I should celebrate Boro's promotion by buying some jewellery from them, apparently I can have a 10% discount. If any one wants to take advantage of this generous offer, feel free to use my discount code.

This would indicate to me that they are pulling out of sponsoring us, due to the increased costs, the likely hood is that they'll be replaced by the new Asian owner's chosen sponsor, this explains why the shirts haven't been released yet, it all makes sense. :shy:

I imagine gibbo is the kind of bloke who will stay with the club until he retires, if not longer. Considering his passion for the team and the town, i think itll be a long time before we see the back of gibbo, and i for one am glad of that