oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

If you're handy with a web browser, I'm using web tools, F12 with Chrome, click the Network tab, click where it says 'XHR' between 'All' and 'JS'. Then refresh the page with F5.

The list at the bottom should populate with some XHR requests. Click on the 'GetPollsResult' Name and in the Preview tab will the JSON response.

Inside the results object, there's a list of votes for each player represented by a GUID ID. Worked out which ID is which for each player by looking at the page HTML for each of the list items (players).

They show that the results as they are right now are set at:

Dani Ayala: 37,988

Fernando Forestieri: 37,815

Andre Gray: 12,454

Alan Judge: 2,927

Ross McCormack: 2,234

Sam Vokes: 2,218

They are changing very marginally, Ayala and Forestieri just had 2 added on whilst I was writing this (probably someone has a browser left open before they closed the results).

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

If you're handy with a web browser, I'm using web tools, F12 with Chrome, click the Network tab, click where it says 'XHR' between 'All' and 'JS'. Then refresh the page with F5.

The list at the bottom should populate with some XHR requests. Click on the 'GetPollsResult' Name and in the Preview tab will the JSON response.

Inside the results object, there's a list of votes for each player represented by a GUID ID. Worked out which ID is which for each player by looking at the page HTML for each of the list items (players).

They are changing very marginally, Ayala and Forestieri just had 2 added on whilst I was writing this (probably someone has a browser left open before they closed the results).

Cheers mate but I got confused at the web tools bit, I've got no chance with the rest of it  :)

Hopefully he wins, it'd be nice for him to get a bit of outside recognition

It's a bit of a nothing argument this, if proof is what you're after CT. Of course no one can prove it either way, as there's no evidence.

I've missed the whole discussion above, so am most definitely pointing out the obvious, but I'd be surprised if a bumper crowd, and a positive, loud atmosphere doesn't spur the team on to perform. Countless times after home, and away games, players have commented post-match saying something along the lines of 'the fans atmosphere really carried us through..'

I think in any sport, at any level, having a crowd behind you cheering and spurring you on is sure to give you confidence to perform better?

I'm not after anything, I'd stopped talking about it before the Brighton game.  Ask Borodane what he's after mate.

Ayala lost

Official statement has come out saying he's lost. Votes returned from the request suggest he's won. They aren't retracting that there was over 95,000 votes so I'd love to know how they've figured out Forestieri won.

How accurate is your vote counter?

Tweet them maybe?

They could be "they both say the same % let's just give it to the attacking player" not thinking anyone will check

*tinfoilhat*

I've tweeted them about it, yeah. They've not actually tweeted the article yet, it's just on their website, I think. I tweeted AV too, see if he picks up on it.

The votes should be coming straight out of the application. The only reason I should be able to see those votes is because they're the ones being used on the page itself to show the response as those percentages.

If you add all the votes up, that accounts for the number shown as the total number of votes on the site.

It's interesting that they haven't mentioned the number of votes difference, just a percentage. If it was that close, you'd think they'd say how many votes difference it was.

My tin foil hat is out in full force.

Gray has been the standout player this season, why has he got so few votes?

Gray has been the standout player this season, why has he got so few votes?

Because that's the total number of Burnley fans.