oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

If you're handy with a web browser, I'm using web tools, F12 with Chrome, click the Network tab, click where it says 'XHR' between 'All' and 'JS'. Then refresh the page with F5.

The list at the bottom should populate with some XHR requests. Click on the 'GetPollsResult' Name and in the Preview tab will the JSON response.

Inside the results object, there's a list of votes for each player represented by a GUID ID. Worked out which ID is which for each player by looking at the page HTML for each of the list items (players).

They show that the results as they are right now are set at:

Dani Ayala: 37,988

Fernando Forestieri: 37,815

Andre Gray: 12,454

Alan Judge: 2,927

Ross McCormack: 2,234

Sam Vokes: 2,218

They are changing very marginally, Ayala and Forestieri just had 2 added on whilst I was writing this (probably someone has a browser left open before they closed the results).

Gray has been the standout player this season, why has he got so few votes?

Because burnley doesn't have access to the Internet yet :D ;)

But in all seriousness middlesbrough and Wednesday fans were much more interested in winning their players the award I think.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Gazette gonna look into it tomorrow.

Definitely something off by sky sports though.

Yeah, Vickers has caught wind of it and I've got a whole load more retweets and likes because of that, so the message is getting out and hopefully we'll get a response tomorrow on the actual vote count and why the response from the site differs to what they're actually saying.

The lad on OwlsTalk who was paying attention to the votes has said the same thing, saying it's weird because it says that Ayala won.

If it was unique votes, Gray would have had plenty more say in it, I believe. Boro and Wednesday fans have gave it a good go because it was between Ayala and Forestieri from quite early on. The whole thing could swing entirely one way or the other if they discount votes from duplicate IPs, but at least then it would be a relatively fair representation.

Gazette gonna look into it tomorrow.

Definitely something off by sky sports though.

Yeah, Vickers has caught wind of it and I've got a whole load more retweets and likes because of that, so the message is getting out and hopefully we'll get a response tomorrow on the actual vote count and why the response from the site differs to what they're actually saying.

The lad on OwlsTalk who was paying attention to the votes has said the same thing, saying it's weird because it says that Ayala won.

If it was unique votes, Gray would have had plenty more say in it, I believe. Boro and Wednesday fans have gave it a good go because it was between Ayala and Forestieri from quite early on. The whole thing could swing entirely one way or the other if they discount votes from duplicate IPs, but at least then it would be a relatively fair representation.

Yeah Jonathan Taylor said the Gazette guys are looking into it.

Also had a retweet from a football writer / guy who used to work for the FA apparently so that helped a bit too.

If you're handy with a web browser, I'm using web tools, F12 with Chrome, click the Network tab, click where it says 'XHR' between 'All' and 'JS'. Then refresh the page with F5.

The list at the bottom should populate with some XHR requests. Click on the 'GetPollsResult' Name and in the Preview tab will the JSON response.

Inside the results object, there's a list of votes for each player represented by a GUID ID. Worked out which ID is which for each player by looking at the page HTML for each of the list items (players).

They show that the results as they are right now are set at:

Dani Ayala: 37,988

Fernando Forestieri: 37,815

Andre Gray: 12,454

Alan Judge: 2,927

Ross McCormack: 2,234

Sam Vokes: 2,218

They are changing very marginally, Ayala and Forestieri just had 2 added on whilst I was writing this (probably someone has a browser left open before they closed the results).

Gray has been the standout player this season, why has he got so few votes?

Because burnley doesn't have access to the Internet yet :D ;)

But in all seriousness middlesbrough and Wednesday fans were much more interested in winning their players the award I think.

And the general consensus from their forum is that he wasn't even Burnley's best player let alone best in the league.

What about me? :(

I'm the sad guy that sat on twitter all night tweeting everyone and anyone involved :P

I think you deserve huge credit, don't worry mate. I only tweeted you, Ponce and Vickers and let the word spread out. :D

Have a +1!

I gave you one too! Couldn't have done it without ya!

Sorry Brunners. Didn't mean to overlook your efforts. You deserve huge credit too.

I would +1 both of you but you know how I feel about that :P

I gave you one too! Couldn't have done it without ya!

Sorry Brunners. Didn't mean to overlook your efforts. You deserve huge credit too.

I would +1 both of you but you know how I feel about that :P

Haha. I know it seems really sad because it was only a fan vote but I wasn't letting Ayala leave this season without a personal accolade!