oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Really can't see us spending so much on another defender considering we have Gibson, Ayala, Chambers and Espinosa for the two CB spots. When we get to January we probably need some new attacking threat. But let's see how the next three months develop.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Really can't see us spending so much on another defender considering we have Gibson, Ayala, Chambers and Espinosa for the two CB spots. When we get to January we probably need some new attacking threat. But let's see how the next three months develop.

The defence hasn't exactly done itself any favours this season, its looked poor.

The defence hasn't exactly done itself any favours this season, its looked poor.

Maybe not, but apart from Chambers none of them has played in the Prem before two months ago. Give them a chance. The full backs have been poor while centrally we have been OK.

Striker, thought very highly of in the academy, previously at Stockton Town FC before joining the academy. Trains with the u21's as well, bags of potential

Nope; but I couldn't name any of our 16-17 year olds so I'm not entirely surprised. He's one of the six academy intakes from July.

Interestingly our Dimi makes it into the top 50 penalty stoppers in europes top 5 leagues. Coming in at no.18 on the list. Gwarrrrrrrrrnnnnn Dimi lad.

3800767.jpg

That list is only interesting if they would write how many penalties we were talking about.

Fischer is expected to start both of the upcoming qualifiers in Poland and at home against Montenegro. He is again expected to play off the main striker. He has looked sharp in todays training. It will certainly keep him sharp ahead of the huge match against Watford, and with Ramirez travelling long from South America Fischer could well be in for another start. Hopefully he will return with sky high confidence.

I tend to agree with you as I also find it a bit hard to see where he fits in in our lineup. But there is little doubt that he works hard and is a really good finisher inside the box. Having played in Holland his entire career he obviously needs time to learn the Premiership, but with more gametime he might release his potential. With the start Ramirez has had I think Firscher deserves a chance to start the next few games just off Negredo or Rhodes but not on the wing.

I tend to agree with you as I also find it a bit hard to see where he fits in in our lineup. But there is little doubt that he works hard and is a really good finisher inside the box. Having played in Holland his entire career he obviously needs time to learn the Premiership, but with more gametime he might release his potential. With the start Ramirez has had I think Firscher deserves a chance to start the next few games just off Negredo or Ramirez but not on the wing.

Agree about Ramirez. So often lauded as the link between attack and midfield, I have noticed a distinct lack of link. Lack of pace and movement isnt helping him though

Vickers has written an article about Maccarone and claimed that he scored diving headers against both Basel and Steua and that these moments were etched onto the memory of Boro fans. Clearly not well enough in his given that Maccarone didn't score a header against Basel. Is he even a Boro fan?