• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Something seriously wrong if our reserves with a couple of first teamers can't beat Blackburn Rovers reserves, jesus.

It’s often the way. It means something to the u23s. It means nothing to the senior lads

Johnson looked great in his first few games, had a rough spell and the fans smash him as soon as he comes on the pitch. It's ridiculous. Similar is happening to Fletcher, who has the physical attributes to be a top player - he looks shot of confidence and nervous. Even Britt was being hammered after being on the pitch 5 minutes.

Rudy missed 2 golden chances, has the touch of an elephant and the fans chant his name as he's taken off. Is that what the fans really want?

Johnson looked great in his first few games, had a rough spell and the fans smash him as soon as he comes on the pitch. It's ridiculous. Similar is happening to Fletcher, who has the physical attributes to be a top player - he looks shot of confidence and nervous. Even Britt was being hammered after being on the pitch 5 minutes.

Rudy missed 2 golden chances, has the touch of an elephant and the fans chant his name as he's taken off. Is that what the fans really want?

I might be drunk. But I thi k there is a lot of sense being talked here

There's no excuse for getting on a players back in the ground, however none of those players you mentioned are good enough if we want to be challenging for promotion.

Physical attributes mean very little if your technique is not up to standard.

I think you've made it clear you're missing the point. Not that people should be lambasting players left, right and centre for being on the pitch, that's the manager's decision. But you're giving positive remarks to 2 players who haven't contributed enough and a negative remark to one who has. Gestede did miss chances, for sure. He's not the best finisher. But he works in the team. Fletcher doesn't. Johnson doesn't. And fans notice things like that. Gestede has had a positive effect on our season overall, even if he isn't the best all-round striker in the division, its clear that he helps us get up the pitch quicker, he gives us a direct option if we need it. What do either of the other 2 do when they come onto the pitch that stands out?

I'm like every other fan. If I see Johnson coming onto the pitch, I'll think "Come on Johnno, do it today, show us what you can do". Then he picks up the ball, gives it away. Picks up the ball, runs at a player, then runs into a cul-de-sac and/or forgets he has feet before needing to make a pass. Fletcher has done more than Johnson and at least he's still a young player, I think fans like having someone young to look forward to, I certainly wouldn't cut my losses on him yet. But the similarity between him and Johnson is that he was brought in to improve us for this season, not 2-3 years in the future. He hasn't done that and we need to re-evaluate his future at this club as being a high potential player who needs game-time, probably in the division below or further.

We all agree verbally abusing your own players is counterproductive (and downright moronic), but it happens, so players do have to be strong mentally to succeed. You could argue that these days, mental strength is just as important to a player's make up as physical attributes.

Something seriously wrong if our reserves with a couple of first teamers can't beat Blackburn Rovers reserves, jesus.

Not really. 

Throwing first teamers into a young team that they rarely train with and never play with is never going to work wonders, in fact, it can be counter-productive, especially if they are facing a side who play together every week.

Also, the likes of Clayton were probably only thrown in at the last minute, and had he played more minutes on Saturday, he likely wouldn't have featured at all.

In addition, our reserves are currently top of their division, so I wouldn't say much is 'seriously' wrong there.