oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

I can't believe we might let Braithwaite go, an international player of remarkable quality. No doubt that absolute plum Pulis's fault for playing that waste of space Bamford ahead of him.

Isn't that right Borodane? ;)

I don’t think i ever said anything like that. I thought it was stupid to play Bamford on he wing ahead of him which was quite right because Bamford was rightly pants on the wing and offered nothing. I also said it was stupid to let him go out on loan and not bring anyone recognized in and that too turned out to be right as we are very light up top with Gestede injured. We only have two recognized strikers on the books! I don’t mind letting him go but I did dislike playing Bamford on the wing and only having two strikers for what is a very tough run in.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

The Echo reporting we've been quoted ''more than £4.5m' to make Besic'a deal a permanent one. I'd be interested in that regardless of what division we're in next season.

£4.5m doesn't et you much in Football these days, so that'd be somewhat of a bargain. Reckon it'd be something closer to £6m personally.

It may be closer to £6m once you account for the loan fee etc

Besic is absolute quality - he can do everything. I’d rate him as £8M plus so anything less for me would be a bargain.

He has been very good in this division so far. But I am still concerned of the fact that there is a reason he hasn't made the grade in the PL with Everton to begin with. Couple of manager changes for sure but Everton fans didn't seem to think much of him when we signed him from what I saw.

If we're still in the Championship next season as I suspect we will be, then certainly so far no reason not to sign him as long as the price is right.

Besic has done ok but he's spent a large part of the previous two seasons injured so I'm not sure I'd be splashing the cash on him just yet on the back of a few decent performances.

But at £4.5m, surely that's a low-risk transfer? ;)

He has been very good in this division so far. But I am still concerned of the fact that there is a reason he hasn't made the grade in the PL with Everton to begin with. Couple of manager changes for sure but Everton fans didn't seem to think much of him when we signed him from what I saw.

If we're still in the Championship next season as I suspect we will be, then certainly so far no reason not to sign him as long as the price is right.

He didn't make the grade because he had a long hammy problem and then tore his ACL. 

From everything I've read he had a great first year and even his second year was good when he wasn't hurt.

Besic has done ok but he's spent a large part of the previous two seasons injured so I'm not sure I'd be splashing the cash on him just yet on the back of a few decent performances.

Why yes, that's the fee for your average Jo Schmoe midfielder these days (see Adam Forshaw)

Why yes, that's the fee for your average Jo Schmoe midfielder these days (see Adam Forshaw)

Or just under 2/3s of 1 Ashley Fletcher :crying:

I can't imagine it will be as simple as us buying him either. No doubt if we're interested, other clubs will be too. Can we definitely beat the newly relegated clubs to him? Who's to know for sure.

Unless we've got first refusal on him of course.

You make me  :sick:

Don't know if anyones watching them btw, but Rudys vlogs are pretty interesting looks into injury recovery:

EDIT:

So Gestede appears to have nicknames for everyone, he's called Patrick Bamford "Washing Machine" and George Friend "Chief Exec" so far

I can't imagine it will be as simple as us buying him either. No doubt if we're interested, other clubs will be too. Can we definitely beat the newly relegated clubs to him? Who's to know for sure.

Unless we've got first refusal on him of course.

To be honest I think if he was going to go anywhere in the Championship it would probably be to us as he's already settled here, I'm more worried about interest from the top flight or abroad.

The main reason he is here is so he can get fit for the world cup, but the fans are showing him some love and he seems to be showing it back. If we can sell the promotion "project" to him, I could see him coming back next season.

I really wish we signed these two players who have impressed me whenever I've watched them play this season. It's staggering how inept our recruitment has been in recent seasons. It's massively frustrating that we waste £6.5 million on Fletcher and fail to sign the likes of these two on free transfers who are proving to be big players for Cardiff this season.

Two random names:

- Bruno Manga (Cardiff): Out of contract. Physical and pacey CB.

- Callum Paterson (Hearts): Out of contract. Young, attack minded RB. Linked with Championship clubs last Summer but has since been injured until the end of the season.

I really wish we signed these two players who have impressed me whenever I've watched them play this season. It's staggering how inept our recruitment has been in recent seasons. It's massively frustrating that we waste £6.5 million on Fletcher and fail to sign the likes of these two on free transfers who are proving to be big players for Cardiff this season.

Two random names:

- Callum Paterson (Hearts): Out of contract. Young, attack minded RB. Linked with Championship clubs last Summer but has since been injured until the end of the season.

It's been our biggest failing over the last few years, when you look at the money we've wasted and the players we didn't go for its so frustrating.

Two random names:

To be fair, Manga had big offers from clubs in France and Turkey, I doubt we'd have turned his head.