oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

We're currently Joint 2nd favourites to sign Robert Huth next season after he announced he'd be leaving Leicester. 33 years old, so getting on a bit - but he's the sort of defender any club that *is* promoted to the Premiership will no doubt be looking at.

Kind of player we missed last season I think... a no-nonsense, PL experienced CB who takes charge of and organises his defence.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

We're currently Joint 2nd favourites to sign Robert Huth next season after he announced he'd be leaving Leicester. 33 years old, so getting on a bit - but he's the sort of defender any club that *is* promoted to the Premiership will no doubt be looking at.

Kind of player we missed last season I think... a no-nonsense, PL experienced CB who takes charge of and organises his defence.

Plus, he's played for us before and knows what the area is like etc.

Yeah I was wondering about Huth for a season too but like Dan said, he's not fit enough. He had his issues even when he was with us ~10 years ago. Good in his prime but at 33 with a poor injury record, methinks a waste of wages.

Maybe if we got him on a pay as you play contract? Would be good to have a defender with extensive PL experience if we go up.

Rather have Shawcross. Or try for Chambers again if their new manager doesn’t fancy him.

Going back to freebies available in the summer the only one I'd be tempted with is Morrison and that's with a strict medical.

Assuming leadboots leaves bringing in Morrison on a free could be good business. A midfield 4 of clayts/Besic (defo should sign him)/Howson and Morrison should see us through the season and is about as good as it gets at this level.

Would also leave us with cash to burn on replacing the inevitable Traore/Gibson holes and a upgrade on Downing.

Baggies fans down here are adamant they'd have stayed up if Morrisonhad been fit. They absolutely love him; want the next boss to build their entire side around him next season.

Reckon he may get another contract. If not, though, I'd be all over him.

Considering all the noise from/about him this season, this is very unexpected.

But...good? I guess?

Kind of how I feel too. Very undecided. If it was just the club coming out and speaking about it, I wouldn't bat an eyelid, I'd be pretty sure it was to keep a hold of a saleable asset.

The way he came out and spoke about it seemed to be strange too, his Instagram post seemed to force the club into posting about it rather than the other way around.

Probably looking too much into it but he's understandably not a starter in a Pulis team. The best we've seen out of him since Pulis has come in has been at wing back at Sheffield United. Had a couple of hard working cameos since then but nothing beyond the kind of cameo expected of Martin Cranie in terms of 'do this job to see the game out'.

I do like the lad beyond his needless rants at the referee or opposition players, I just don't see how much use we're going to get out of him.