oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Latest minutes from the Middlesbrough Supporters Forum are up.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/middlesbrough-supporters-forum

Interesting relating to goal music in our season ticket survey. 69% of people who responded voted in favour of goal music, which was noted as surprising a few members of the Forum.

The survey was completed by ~1,700 of the 7,000 who were sent the survey. Only those opted into club communications are sent the survey so that's why the number is low compared to the number of holders.

As long as they don't use chelsea dagger. Hate that song as goal music

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

I'm completely on the fence and I'm not even a season card holder... but what are the club supposed to do about it when only a quarter of fans opt in to receive the survey and only a quarter of those actually do the survey?

I can see someone going off about it but surely the issue here is if people want it to stop then they should opt in and do the survey and tell the club? The data set is pretty small but that's the only data they have and it points in favour of the music.

They've had a few of these surveys over the years and it's always a massive majority who apparently want the goal music. I've never actually met a season ticket holder that does and nobody in the places I've sat in the ground takes any notice of it. Maybe it depends on who you're actually asking.

They've had a few of these surveys over the years and it's always a massive majority who apparently want the goal music.  I've never actually met a season ticket holder that does and nobody in the places I've sat in the ground takes any notice of it.  Maybe it depends on who you're actually asking.

Of course but all season ticket holders would get the survey if they opted in and even out of the ~7,000 that do, only 1,700 fans did it. I don't know the exact numbers but if 7,000 did it that's between a third and a quarter of our holders, I suspect? Even if only that 7,000 did the survey, the results would probably be swung to the other side, never mind the 13-15,000 that don't even opt in to do it. But the club's data keeps swinging in the other direction. If these surveys keep coming along over the years and they keep pointing in the opposite direction to what people want, perhaps the answer is for more people to do them?

I'm pretty sure there's approximately 5,300 other lazy sods who didn't do it either, mate. :D

:)

I realised just after I'd sent that as well, that I hadn't even bothered to read your previous post fully either - I mean it's a miracle I can even be ***d finishing this post.

question, will the Boro site put out highlights of league cup games? I can't remember if it does or not.

Don’t think so. But you can easily google them if you can’t see them on sky sports like me.

question, will the Boro site put out highlights of league cup games? I can't remember if it does or not.

Don’t think so. But you can easily google them if you can’t see them on sky sports like me.

I've seen the skysports ones, but I was hoping for something more extended.

Latest minutes from the Middlesbrough Supporters Forum are up.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/middlesbrough-supporters-forum

Interesting relating to goal music in our season ticket survey. 69% of people who responded voted in favour of goal music, which was noted as surprising a few members of the Forum.

The survey was completed by ~1,700 of the 7,000 who were sent the survey. Only those opted into club communications are sent the survey so that's why the number is low compared to the number of holders.

As long as they don't use chelsea dagger. Hate that song as goal music

I miss Song 2.

They've had a few of these surveys over the years and it's always a massive majority who apparently want the goal music.  I've never actually met a season ticket holder that does and nobody in the places I've sat in the ground takes any notice of it.  Maybe it depends on who you're actually asking.

Of course but all season ticket holders would get the survey if they opted in and even out of the ~7,000 that do, only 1,700 fans did it. I don't know the exact numbers but if 7,000 did it that's between a third and a quarter of our holders, I suspect? Even if only that 7,000 did the survey, the results would probably be swung to the other side, never mind the 13-15,000 that don't even opt in to do it. But the club's data keeps swinging in the other direction. If these surveys keep coming along over the years and they keep pointing in the opposite direction to what people want, perhaps the answer is for more people to do them?

Someone at the club is determined to have after goal music and that's all there is to it really.

Someone at the club is determined to have after goal music and that's all there is to it really.

Not really. 69% of those who voted want it.

It's not but okay.