• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

If this stat is legit then it shows that our 1 season in the Prem had a squad cost of almost 80 mio. On top of that I guess you can add the general running of the club, academy and the 5 million we spent on improving the stadium facilities. And then there is the transfer deficit in the two years leading to promotion. You get a lot of people asking where the 100 million pay off has gone and here is the answer. https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=%23Boro&src=typd

We get roughly 75 million in parachute payments after relegation and that has to be spend wisely. Luckily we somehow managed to balance income and outcome on transfer fees last season despite buying players for almost 50 million if the rumoured numbers are correct, and this summer we look like coming out with a pretty big transfer income thanks mainly to Gibson and Traore.

We will still have a rather big wage budget and general costs compared to Championship standard so the parachute money falls in a dry spot and our sensible transfer business this summer should help the club to a sound financial footing in the coming years even if promotion isn't achieved.

Adrian Chiles’ BBC 5 Live show are talking Boro today as part of their Championship weekly feature.

It’s from 11:30 with a mix of Championship & Boro guests.

might be being a bit cynical here, but we could well be a sideshow, he is a well known Baggies fanatic .

Slightly off topic from other threads, but just curious to what people think of the captaincy since Gibbo left.

Gibbo was a young leader with respect of the rest of the team, Grant is still around the 1st team and never publicly had the armband taken from him, and the last couple of games has seen GF wearing.

Just want to throw another couple of names into the hat for the 'C'

Clayton

Howsen

what you think?

People seem to forget the captain is the captain every day, not just for the 90 mins on a Saturday. For me Gorgeous George is thright man for the job. Intelligent, articulate and the consummate pro. Does all the right things regards healthy eating and his own fitness regime between seasons. He seems to command a lot of respect from the players around him. Not saying Howson doesn't do these things too but I think Clayton is still a bit immature for the role

People seem to forget the captain is the captain every day, not just for the 90 mins on a Saturday. For me Gorgeous George is thright man for the job. Intelligent, articulate and the consummate pro. Does all the right things regards healthy eating and his own fitness regime between seasons.  He seems to command a lot of respect from the players around him. Not saying Howson doesn't do these things too but I think Clayton is still a bit immature for the role

Cracking points. And fully agree, I was just raising the question because with Gibbo gone and Grant on the fringes it would be interesting to see who would take the armband if Friend wasnt available. Howsen has done it before and Clayton seems to be ever present this season so far. Looking beyound those i struggle to see who has the chesnuts to wear it. 

Downing doesnt strike me as someone who is interested in the role and likes to just get on with his game.