• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Harris on Saville:

"The amount of money offered is ridiculous. From a business perspective, it's good business by us.

"John (Berylson, the club's owner) bought him for peanuts and sold him for millions and millions. As a manager, of course I've have loved to keep George - he did fantastically well for me.

"But once a player gets his head turned and wants to leave, it's difficult to keep somebody. No complaints about that. We acted in the market, thinking about George going, bringing in Tom Bradshaw and Ryan Leonard."

Lets hope he works out better than the last time this was the managers comments after selling someone to us. :D

I mean it certainly sounds like at the very least there was some negotiation involved on this one. Rather than just throw a sum of money someone's way that triggers what is effectively the 'stupidity release clause' that football clubs must have on players.

We still might have triggered that clause on Saville of course but at least we seemingly had lower bids rejected first.

When we were first rumoured to be signing Saville it was 6 million, about what we paid for McNair who scored less and got relegated to L1, then by the end their locals were saying 8 million now I don't know if that's in bonuses down the road like PL apps or promotion but strikers in this league who get 15 goals go for 10 million or more so us paying 6/8 million for a midfielder who scored 10 seems reasonable business to me, right?

He's 25 if he sticks around for 5 years and keeps getting high single/double figures goals a season he'll be worth it, we've needed goals from midfield for years if Saville chips in with that he'll be worth every penny. He's coming in under the radar as 'just another CM' but he could turn out to be a key player linking the deeper midfielders to the 2 up front Millwall got the best out of him when he was running beyond Morrison/Gregory with their knockdowns if he can make himself available for Britt/Braithwaite around the box he'll only help us score more and create more from open play that deal doesn't sound too ridiculous to me...

When we were first rumoured to be signing Saville it was 6 million, about what we paid for McNair who scored less and got relegated to L1, then by the end their locals were saying 8 million now I don't know if that's in bonuses down the road like PL apps or promotion but strikers in this league who get 15 goals go for 10 million or more so us paying 6/8 million for a midfielder who scored 10 seems reasonable business to me, right?

He's 25 if he sticks around for 5 years and keeps getting high single/double figures goals a season he'll be worth it, we've needed goals from midfield for years if Saville chips in with that he'll be worth every penny. He's coming in under the radar as 'just another CM' but he could turn out to be a key player linking the deeper midfielders to the 2 up front Millwall got the best out of him when he was running beyond Morrison/Gregory with their knockdowns if he can make himself available for Britt/Braithwaite around the box he'll only help us score more and create more from open play that deal doesn't sound too ridiculous to me...

he has a nasty habbit of arriving in the box late to finish off chances.

howson has done the arrive in the box bit but failed to put the ball in the net yet. once keeper saved and the other he passed to flippin britt, who was apparently more surprised than us he passed to him :D

He has a great engine to, definitely an asset for us. possibly a key player in the future.

I think the first rumoured price was including Jed Wallace too, something around £5-6m for the two of them IIRC.

On the subject of Jed Wallace... Apparently he wasn't interested in moving to Boro, because he didn't want to come up north. Seems strange that we'd bid for someone, and not know that??

I think the first rumoured price was including Jed Wallace too, something around £5-6m for the two of them IIRC.

On the subject of Jed Wallace... Apparently he wasn't interested in moving to Boro, because he didn't want to come up north. Seems strange that we'd bid for someone, and not know that??

Seems like we're not in to the whole tapping up that most teams do, seems like do everything above board and get a bid accepted first before we chat to a player. That's my theory as to why so many deals take so long and subsequently fall through on personal terms...

Seems like we're not in to the whole tapping up that most teams do, seems like do everything above board and get a bid accepted first before we chat to a player. That's my theory as to why so many deals take so long and subsequently fall through on personal terms...

Or maybe our bid for Wallace was a bit out of the blue and it was the first he heard about it.

Or maybe our bid for Wallace was a bit out of the blue and it was the first he heard about it.

I think you're probably right BD. After all, it pretty much happened on deadline day didn't it.... in which case it was all very much last minute.

Might not mean anything but Braithwaite has changed his Instagram from him in a Denmark shirt where in his bio it just said he was a Danish international to now him in a Boro shirt and it mentions Boro in his bio.

Has Tony got him back on side?

Might not mean anything but Braithwaite has changed his Instagram from him in a Denmark shirt where in his bio it just said he was a Danish international to now him in a Boro shirt and it mentions Boro in his bio.

Was he ever that for "off the side", all he did was ask if he could speak to a top flight team who had interest in him. I don't think he will have had his heart set 100% on moving abroad, probably just interested in the opportunity and I'm sure his wife prefers Spain as well  :cheese:

Was he ever that for "off the side", all he did was ask if he could speak to a top flight team who had interest in him. I don't think he will have had his heart set 100% on moving abroad, probably just interested in the opportunity and I'm sure his wife prefers Spain as well  :cheese:

Yeah perhaps but the way Pulis phrased it was that Braithwaite wanted out. I'm just saying either way, this could mean nothing or it could be seen by some as something positive. I personally it's positive. He is crucial this year.