oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

"Middlesbrough and Aston Villa look set for battle over a player once again with Bakary Sako on both their radars, TEAMtalk can reveal.

The 30-year-old winger left Crystal Palace earlier in the summer after failing to agree terms on a new contract.

He almost rejoined the Eagles again late last month, but that fell through and now he is a target for a number of Championship clubs.

Promotion favourites Boro are desperate to bolster their options out wide, and, after missing out on deals for Yannick Bolasie and Albert Adomah, a deal for Sako could very well fit the bill."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-boro-villa-locked-in-battle-for-free-agent-winger

Why would villa want him when they have Adomah and bolasie

And El Ghazy

And Kodija, who I assume will continue to play as a winger given that they signed Abraham.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Good to read, glad he has addressed it.

I've no doubt he still has plans to go elsewhere in the long term and I do still want players who want to play for us. but hey, the lad has shown that despite what has come before and during this summer, he can still produce the goods on the pitch and put in a professional performance. I hope he keeps that up for the next few months.

I know it's just Israel but McNair is bossing the right flank in this game for Northern Ireland he's breezing past people playing great through balls and he took the smart corner to get the assist for the goal. Other Boro interest obviously in Saville also Jordan Jones is starting wide left for them which is good to see.

Pleased about Braithwaite's statement I imagine he realises the likelihood is if we have the promotion season we all hope the next chance of him moving is probably summer 2019 makes sense for him to quieten the speculation hope he keeps up his form he's the most dynamic forward we have.

For those who are into this kind of thing, here's what Boro's ratings currently are on FIFA 19 (these may change before the full release):

GKs

Randolph 71

Lonergan 65

Dimi 64

Defenders

Right Back - Shotton 71

Left Back - Friend 71

Mcqueen 66 (Still at Southampton on it)

Centre Back - Flint 75

Ayala 73

Batth 70 (Still at Wolves on it)

Fry 70

Midfielders - Besic 74

Howson 73

Saville 73 (Still at Millwall on it)

Clayton 72

De Sart 71

Leadbitter 70

Mcnair 70

Wing 64

Wingers - Downing 72

Chapman 65

Tavernier 63

Strikers - Braithwaite 76

Assombalonga 73

Hugill 72

Gestede 71

Fletcher 67

I don't play much FIFA any more since I moved back to PES (I only played 18 at all because I wanted a football game for my Switch when I got it a couple of months ago)... but I think Fry has probably risen to a 70 much quicker than Gibson did. I seem to remember in our promotion season he was still sitting in the 60s, possibly the year before when we reached the play-offs it was about 62.

For those who are into this kind of thing, here's what Boro's ratings currently are on FIFA 19 (these may change before the full release):

GKs

Randolph 71

Lonergan 65

Dimi 64

Defenders

Right Back - Shotton 71

Left Back - Friend 71

Mcqueen 66 (Still at Southampton on it)

Centre Back - Flint 75

Ayala 73

Batth 70 (Still at Wolves on it)

Fry 70

Midfielders - Besic 74

Howson 73

Saville 73 (Still at Millwall on it)

Clayton 72

De Sart 71

Leadbitter 70

Mcnair 70

Wing 64

Wingers - Downing 72

Chapman 65

Tavernier 63

Strikers - Braithwaite 76

Assombalonga 73

Hugill 72

Gestede 71

Fletcher 67

Just out of interest, what's Traore's rating?

Pulis' comments from today's press conference are much more positive .

"There’s good competition now and hopefully we’re in a better place than we were last year when I came in"

"We’ve got a good group of players that if we get injuries, if we get a drop in form or suspensions, we’ve got enough depth now to cover those situations.”

Contrast that to what he was saying previously:

"we know we have to bring players in, that group is not good enough to get us promoted."

“It’s a smashing group, but it’s not good enough to get us promoted. We need to add to the group.”

Since he said that, we added Hugill, Besic, McQueen, Saville and Batth.

All good additions to the squad, but maybe only Besic and Saville will expect to be regular starters.

I wonder if these incoming players really have made that much difference in Pulis' mind, or whether he's just putting a positive spin on transfer dealings. It's hard to tell with Pulis.