• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Boro's trip to Blackburn Rovers will be shown live on Sky Sports, subject to FA Cup commitments.

The game will now take place on Sunday February 17th with a 1pm kick-off

Should either side make it to the FA Cup 5th round the match will be postponed

Dutch Interview with Van La Parra about his transfer, put through google translate:

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/Binnenland/274982/Interview-Rajiv-van-La-Parra-Wil-mensen-bij-Middlesbrough-blij-maken

In the 2016/17 successful season, during which Huddersfield Town won the Premier League via the Play-Offs promotion, he came to forty appearances. Last season, La Parra played 33 games at the highest level. But in the current year his series suddenly stopped at five matches in October. "The manager (David Wagner, ed.) Chose a different way of playing at that time. A system without outside players. From that moment on I fell outside the team ", says the 27-year-old left winger opposite ELF Voetbal.

SURPRISE

"The reason for me is a big question mark. It really came as a surprise. The trainer makes the decisions. As a player, you respect those choices. I then neatly indicated that I wanted to be rented to a club where I could go for minutes. Then everything went fast. Middlesbrough and Leeds United immediately reported to my agent. "

Leeds United is the leader of the Championship. Middlesbrough is in fifth place, a position that would mean placing for the Play-Offs at the end of the season. "Middlesbrough was something more concrete than Leeds. They did everything to get me in. I immediately got a good feeling about it. I also wanted to stay in England. I did not hear anything from the Premier League. But I actually like to fight for the prizes again. "

TO PROMOTE

The goal at Middlesbrough is clear. "Returning in the Premier League. The club is large, lives in the city and has many fanatical fans. I know that now, haha. I hope to make them happy. From the players I know two boys from Wolverhampton Wanderers, where I played with them: Danny Batth and George Saville. Yesterday (Thursday, ed.) I participated for the first time. Previously not allowed, because there was a risk that I would get injured and Huddersfield Town then did not give permission. "

Van La Parra will for the time being stay in Shipley, located fifteen to twenty minutes from Huddersfield. "It's an hour and twenty minutes to Middlesbrough. Unfortunately not via a highway, but it is to do. The club is busy arranging an apartment for me in the city. If I am tired or we have a late game, I can stay there. "

TERENCE KONGOLO

At the end of the season, the former player of Feyenoord and sc Heerenveen return in principle to Huddersfield Town. "We have not agreed an option to purchase. Unfortunately, I could no longer personally say goodbye to the boys. But at Huddersfield we have a group app with the players. In it I wanted everyone success and I got nice reactions. Only Terence (Kongolo, ed.) I still speak daily. He now plays weekly. In our new system we start with five defenders. Terence can go to bed, haha. "

Van La Parra was forced to watch television on New Year's Day against Derby County, because he was not yet eligible for play. "Saturday I can make my debut. Then we play for the cup (third round FA Cup, ed.) At home against Peterborough United FC (from League One, ed.). I am fit, but not yet matchfit. Of course, I did not play for three months. Hopefully I can make a debut on Saturday. I am going to work hard on the training sessions. I hope to entertain the public here. "

Danish Interview with Braithwaite about his transfer - translated:

https://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/braithwaite-passede-ikke-ind-i-middlesbrough/

Braithwaite: Didn't fit into Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough's playing style did not suit Martin Braithwaite, and therefore he seized the opportunity as a switch to Leganes became possible.

Martin Braithwaite has switched Middlesbrough with a six-month lease in Leganes in Spain, and there are several reasons for this.

One of them is that the Danish national team attacker had difficulty adapting to the system that manager Tony Pulis practices.

- In Middlesbrough I couldn't unfold myself. You don't want to play the kind of soccer where I fit in. You would like to play more physically with long balls, which is probably not where I am the very best, he says to Ekstra Bladet.

- It made it more complicated to score goals. But at the same time, I'm also not a man of excuses. I always have to score goals. No matter what system I play in, Braithwaite says.

He also says that it was not planned that he should change now, but the opportunity arose, and now he looks forward to six months in an exciting project.

Leadboots had said he was delighted Britt got his goals afterwards too. The players at the very least seem to like having him around.

He’s very well liked and is happy here. Literally the only reason he’d move on is Pulis at this moment in time.

Danish Interview with Braithwaite about his transfer - translated:

https://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/braithwaite-passede-ikke-ind-i-middlesbrough/

Braithwaite: Didn't fit into Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough's playing style did not suit Martin Braithwaite, and therefore he seized the opportunity as a switch to Leganes became possible.

Martin Braithwaite has switched Middlesbrough with a six-month lease in Leganes in Spain, and there are several reasons for this.

One of them is that the Danish national team attacker had difficulty adapting to the system that manager Tony Pulis practices.

- In Middlesbrough I couldn't unfold myself. You don't want to play the kind of soccer where I fit in. You would like to play more physically with long balls, which is probably not where I am the very best, he says to Ekstra Bladet.

- It made it more complicated to score goals. But at the same time, I'm also not a man of excuses. I always have to score goals. No matter what system I play in, Braithwaite says.

He also says that it was not planned that he should change now, but the opportunity arose, and now he looks forward to six months in an exciting project.

'I'm also not a man of excuses' says the man making the excuses.

I heard Britt just left the club housing and bought himself something in the area, that doesn't sound like someone wanting to leave.

I just watched the 'Inside Matchday' from the Peterbrough game. During the warm up when the players did their huddle, it was Britt doing the talking. Maybe his influence in the squad is bigger than people realise.

I heard Britt just left the club housing and bought himself something in the area, that doesn't sound like someone wanting to leave.

I just watched the 'Inside Matchday' from the Peterbrough game. During the warm up when the players did their huddle, it was Britt doing the talking. Maybe his influence in the squad is bigger than people realise.

So, er, this is awkward, but that's exactly what got us talking about Britt in the first place, me pointing that out.

That’s correct.