oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

"£27.7m in deals since last June,"

sounds little, or is that netspend?

Thats profit on all the deals in and out since the accounts were made on 30. june 2018. Adama and Gibson out and some players in including loans, agent fees etc. Don't know if it's including the Saville deal as we paid that in january this year, but I would imagine it is.

mm right, makes more sense :)

well then I have to appoligise to Mr Pulis then, I guess its true we made a profit of 30 millions in transfers as he is going on about.....

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

So are we screwed or not? Any financial wizards out there to break it down? A loss of 6.4 million doesn't sound all that alarming, but then again that is included the parachute payments of 46 million. That drops significantly for the current season but then we've made a profit in the transfer market of almost 28 million after the accounts. So not all that bad. It'll probably be bad if we don't get promoted and don't recieve parachute payments next season. And it looks like we still owe Gibson 93 million but just 7 million to the banks.

Looking back, in 2015 the club owed Gibson 83 million and in 2014 76 million. Is that Gibson pulling money out or how does that read? Or is it a sign of him bankrolling the club?

My favourite time of year (Boring I know)!! Time to analyse the accounts!

Just at a very quick glance, looks like our income for last season has dropped by almost half, and our wage bill for last season has only dropped by 1/6th.

Also looks like we have made a loss of just under £7 million for last season. As some of you will be aware FFP's 3 year cycle started for us last year, due to relegation.

I often sit in my seat and think "God, we need something out of this"....but possibly in a different context....agree with Beardy....a church is where you make it and if you can scatter your ashes in a stadium, see no reason you cannot commune with your spiritual side there either...

Boro have opened a multi-faith prayer room at the stadium. What the hell is the world coming to? If you want to pray, go to church and do it!

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/new-multi-faith-prayer-room-opened-at-riverside-stadium

Well, we need as many of the different God's help as possible if we're going to get promoted this year.

Not really the end of the world having a multi faith prayer room is it?

People have different faiths and they should all be able to pray if they want.

If you don't need it, don't use it!

Good work from the Boro!

A complete waste of time and money so it was probably an idea thought up by someone in our recruitment department.

Mind explaining why it's a waste of time and money? Or are you just going to post an inflammatory comment and leave it there like the CT of old?

I think it's a waste of money.

There should be "churches" for that. Why combine it with football?

You don't see a praying room at the bakers or in swim-stadiums what ever..

I saw the post om MFC fb page .. people called it racism to be against it .. That's too stupid for me.. Racism is not against religions :D

I saw the post om MFC fb page .. people called it racism to be against it .. That's too stupid for me.. Racism is not against religions :D

The club employs people of many faiths. It is a great idea to have a multi-faith prayer room, so people can feel comfortable following their religion.

Why would you object to that?

It's not racist to be against the idea, but it does suggest a very narrow viewpoint bordering on religious intolerance.

I always find it interesting that people who will never use or be affected by something, waste time and effort complaining.

the negativity about the MFR is as silly as the American Republicans on low or middle wages complaining about potentially have a 70% marginal tax for earnings over $10m.

why? don;t you have better things to do?

I always find it interesting that people who will never use or be affected by something, waste time and effort complaining.

the negativity about the MFR is as silly as the American Republicans on low or middle wages complaining about potentially have a 70% marginal tax for earnings over $10m.

why? don;t you have better things to do?

Hahaha don’t knock the American dream, they could be earning over 10 mill one day!!!

It's not racist but an employment tribunal may find that it is discrimination on the grounds of religion (religion being a protected characteristic). Damn sight cheaper converting a small room , so hardly a waste of money. And more productive than having to allow staff to attend lunch time prayer at the mosque (other faiths are available).

And they exist all over, the one in the MOD building i am in is now a "Room for contemplation and prayer" after a Humanist complained it was a Multi Faith Prayer room.

Some people eh!!

If you're running a business and can offer a room on-sight for people.of faith to use for prayer, it's a damn sight more efficient than if those people had to go to a place of worship to pray every time.

But also... What does it actually matter? Just let people get on with it.