oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Daniel Ayala & Dael Fry are out for the season

Fry has torn his hamstring and will be out for 12-weeks

What a blow for Fry. Could miss a large part of pre season unless 12 weeks means back to full fitness.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Daniel Ayala & Dael Fry are out for the season

Fry has torn his hamstring and will be out for 12-weeks

What a blow for Fry. Could miss a large part of pre season unless 12 weeks means back to full fitness.

Blimey, he won’t even be back for the playoffs.

Letting Danny batth go after not using him in favour of flint looks like a huge error now - especially since stoke are saying batth is their player of the season despite only being there 3 months. By not having any full backs weve screwed up massively. Only one man to blame for that one.

we'll have to play shotton flint cb's mcnair and saville fullbacks. downing right midfield tav left with x2 cm's and britt fletch up top. but we wont we'll play x3 cb's still with howson playing rwb i bet. with mcnair as cb maybe.

Letting Danny batth go after not using him in favour of flint looks like a huge error now - especially since stoke are saying batth is their player of the season despite only being there 3 months. By not having any full backs weve screwed up massively. Only one man to blame for that one.

Yeah only one man to blame Gibson.

Every club pulis goes to he sheds the team of natural full backs and replaces them with centre backs. This is his philosophy, not gibsons.

Think i read that we were not in a position to march stokes offer so we didn't really have a say

Could be any number of factors re batths decision to be fair. Though I doubt hed have wanted to go to stoke if he was playing here given the two clubs situations. He was on a year long loan, he could have stayed if he wanted to.

Anyway, the main issue with all of this is the fullback one. Every one of us said at the start of the season and again in January that one full back to cover 2 positions for a 50plus game season is ridiculous and we done nothing about it, because pulis is happy to shove any old player out there.

Every club pulis goes to he sheds the team of natural full backs and replaces them with centre backs. This is his philosophy, not gibsons.

I was told that a new RB was one of pulis main areas he wanted filling in January. Yet Gibson and he’s mates in the recruitment department failed to bring any in.

I was told that a new RB was one of pulis main areas he wanted filling in January. Yet Gibson and he’s mates in the recruitment department failed to bring any in.

maybe he shouldn't have written off Christie the second he walked into the club

Yeah I find that very difficult to believe. It might be true, but everything in his career to date both with us and before suggests that full back is a position he just fills with the biggest lads he cant get into the team elsewhere. He played woodgate there for christ's sake!

Weve had not one, not two but three centre midfielders play in fullback roles this season, it's actually crazy when you think about it.

Well we have two injured and had another on loan, that was more than enough had shotton been used in his actual position. In fact were still fine for CB this weekend with shotton and flint (not that I rate either), it's the full back positions where we literally have no one.