• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Letting Danny batth go after not using him in favour of flint looks like a huge error now - especially since stoke are saying batth is their player of the season despite only being there 3 months. By not having any full backs weve screwed up massively. Only one man to blame for that one.

Yeah only one man to blame Gibson.

Every club pulis goes to he sheds the team of natural full backs and replaces them with centre backs. This is his philosophy, not gibsons.

I was told that a new RB was one of pulis main areas he wanted filling in January. Yet Gibson and he’s mates in the recruitment department failed to bring any in.

maybe he shouldn't have written off Christie the second he walked into the club

Is this one of those "it's not Tonys fault" things........again.

I teach a class of year 7s who, when told off for doing something wrong, always find someone else to blame. In exactly the same way.

It was a LB he wanted after McQueen had to go back. He had RB cover in Fry and McNair. At time he had no cover for friend.

At the start of season we had 5 CBs in Ayala Flint Fry Batth and Shotton. I would say that was enough even after Batth left. And i think most agreed in Jan it made no sense paying £3.5m for Batth given our limited funds.

I am by no means Pulis biggest fan but I certainly would not be blaming him for our current crisis in defence. Albeit there plenty of other things he can be blamed for.

Do we have any decent Academy CB's that could be brought in for the final few games?

Nathan Woods

Didnt we just announce we are letting him go?

NOOOOO... He's one of our best prospects

Do we have any decent Academy CB's that could be brought in for the final few games?

Nathan Woods

I don't think it was Wood who was being released(unless for good money). Given how hot a prospect he is, Boro forums would be in sheer meltdown.

Nathan Woods

I don't think it was Wood who was being released(unless for good money). Given how hot a prospect he is, Boro forums would be in sheer meltdown.

Def not released, i think it is him amd djed spence that pulis singled out as on the fringe of first team squad

Nathan Woods

Def not released, i think it is him amd djed spence that pulis singled out as on the fringe of first team squad

My apologies, got mixed up with the other Nathan!!

Stephen Wearne and Nathan Dale are to be offered professional contracts.

Alex Pattison, Kieran Charlton, Nathan Guru, and Dan Ward will be leaving the club at the end of the season

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/pro-contracts-for-academy-graduates

It was a LB he wanted after McQueen had to go back. He had RB cover in Fry and McNair. At time he had no cover for friend.

At the start of season we had 5 CBs in Ayala Flint Fry Batth and Shotton. I would say that was enough even after Batth left. And i think most agreed in Jan it made no sense paying £3.5m for Batth given our limited funds.

I am by no means Pulis biggest fan but I certainly would not be blaming him for our current crisis in defence. Albeit there plenty of other things he can be blamed for.

So who do you blame for the fact we dont have a single fullback in the team when aging and much declined friend gets injured?

Dont say fry and McNair because neither are even close to being a fullback

Also to point out we still have have 2 senior centre backs available. This is not our crisis area. Our crisis area is full back. And that's always been pulis's worst managed area of the pitch, no matter who he has managed or what resources he had.

Neverbefore - In respect of the LB. We had McQueen there to cover for Friend but unfortunately he got injured. And I accept we did not sign full back cover in January but Pulis did say he wanted cover there but he did not get it.

As for RB, Fry has played there a few times this season and looked solid. I accept he is not a RB in the conventional sense but he is a "Tony Pulis RB". Solid defensively and not too adventurous going forward.

As far as to who i blame - well i cant blame Pulis for our pathetic showing in the transfer market because it was woeful before he arrived. If Pulis had said we do not need cover there then I would attach blame to him.

Smoggydownsouth - Thank you for that mate. I got nothing against Woodie but i really do not feel he is the correct appointment at this moment in time, It is widely expected we will be working under much tighter financial constraints. We shall see eh.