oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Yeah the major worry is that we didnt look at their books, yet still going through with this. However probably the books are completely legit, based upon the premise that the buy/lease-back is a legal loophole, and this case is about closing that loophole.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Yeah the major worry is that we didnt look at their books, yet still going through with this. However probably the books are completely legit, based upon the premise that the buy/lease-back is a legal loophole, and this case is about closing that loophole.

Gibson hasn’t sued them yet maybe he’s trying to force the EFL hand to have another look at the accounts and confirm that it’s legit.

I am struggling to understand what he could actually sue them for. If it is breach of EFL rules then that would probably come under a trade dispute and would end up in mediation with the FA, is that not back to square one ? If he tries for compensation of loss of earnings he has no chance as there are too many variables to consider. Unfair trade practices are not covered by the courts so frankly I cannot see this even getting off the ground.

He needs to test it legally before he does the same here. After, there’ll be nothing to stop him selling the stadium, training ground etc to Bulkhaul for inflated prices to keep us ffp safe.

He needs to test it legally before he does the same here. After, there’ll be nothing to stop him selling the stadium, training ground etc to Bulkhaul for inflated prices to keep us ffp safe.

My understanding was that MFC, Baulhaul and Rockcliffe all came under Gibson O’Neill now anyway, hence we were able to get rid of the club debt. Would have thought that would stop us doing a derby

My understanding was that MFC, Baulhaul and Rockcliffe all came under Gibson O’Neill now anyway, hence we were able to get rid of the club debt. Would have thought that would stop us doing a derby

Didn’t someone post on here that it recently got split into different groups again?

Didn’t someone post on here that it recently got split into different groups again?

I suppose Gibson could just start a new company with the sole purpose of buying the riverside

A few interesting notes here, particularly in the comments. It does sound like we're being petty about something we may also have been guilty of ourselves in some form. And it is almost certainly a question of the morality of it rather than legality.

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/26/mel-morris-accuses-middlesbrough-owner-steve-gibson-hypocrisy/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Mel Morris has come out and said we did this exact thing in 2016 and they were just copying us.
Some interesting stuff from Morris in here, makes Gibson seem even more petty.

Wow if that’s true we really do look like a bitter bunch. There is no way we can come out of this in good light

What I can't quite get my head around is on what basis we can sue them for not breaking rules of a competition that they don't even govern themselves.  When Sheff Utd sued West Ham they had already been found guilty of breaking Premier League rules and presumably that opened the door for them to try and get financial compensation.  If Derby haven't broken the rules as far as The Football League are concerned then I'm not sure what exactly we can do.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What I can't quite get my head around is on what basis we can sue them for not breaking rules of a competition that they don't even govern themselves.  When Sheff Utd sued West Ham they had already been found guilty of breaking Premier League rules and presumably that opened the door for them to try and get financial compensation.  If Derby haven't broken the rules as far as The Football League are concerned then I'm not sure what exactly we can do.

Have to agree CT. I can’t understand what our plan could possibly be 

On 5/25/2019 at 3:14 PM, ABH said:

On 5/25/2019 at 2:02 PM, Air Resistance said:

On 5/25/2019 at 11:43 AM, mendieta420 said:

Yeah on companies house they are all listed as seperate businesses. But they all make up a larger collective, due to Gibson owning all of them.

Edit: Haven't got the hang of the quoting system on the new set up yet!