oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

28 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

What a ridiculous article. Vickers is insane.

He trawls social media, collects a few outrageous opinions, takes those as the general consensus then half agrees with them whilst arguing against them at the same time. 

Is he a member of this forum? ?

It has always been a bit of tinfoil conspiracy that he is indeed hiding somewhere on here.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It has always been a bit of tinfoil conspiracy that he is indeed hiding somewhere on here.

Hmmm... that sounds like something Vickers would say  ?

• Haha 1

This quote from Woodgate could be rather telling: "Why did he go? You've got to have a manager who wants you, firstly, and I like Martin. I think he's a really, really good player and I think he can offer this football club a lot."

I don't think Pulis ever really wanted Braithwaite and Pulis doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that pulls any punches when he doesn't like a player. Their relationship probably soured pretty quickly. I'm not absolving MB of all blame here, I'm merely saying that if you know your manager doesn't like you, plays a tactict that doesn't suit you and gives you on-field assignments you're not comfortable with then it might be difficult to keep up the motivation regardless of the money you are making. 

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

This quote from Woodgate could be rather telling: "Why did he go? You've got to have a manager who wants you, firstly, and I like Martin. I think he's a really, really good player and I think he can offer this football club a lot."

I don't think Pulis ever really wanted Braithwaite and Pulis doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that pulls any punches when he doesn't like a player. Their relationship probably soured pretty quickly. I'm not absolving MB of all blame here, I'm merely saying that if you know your manager doesn't like you, plays a tactict that doesn't suit you and gives you on-field assignments you're not comfortable with then it might be difficult to keep up the motivation regardless of the money you are making. 

I said to KM that exact thing, as soon as I read that it stood out as a dig at Pulis.

I mean, we do want him to be at his fittest if we keep him or if we flog him, we don't really get any benefit from shoving him in the reserves or sending him home, he'll keep picking up his pay packet regardless. And it hardly puts us in a good negotiating position doing such things, we'll struggle to get anyone to fork up anything for him regardless, at least if we feign him having value to us, we might get a few extra quid out of it.

2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

That article is written both for and against Martin, like it came from the club, to please some fans, No matter if we sell or keep ??

I would still sell him personally as enough things have happened now and he's clearly on a lot of money.  I'm just not having the Gazette criticising him for disappearing when they disappeared themselves for a while.

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I would still sell him personally as enough things have happened now and he's clearly on a lot of money. 

We rarely have the same opinion in terms of footballing views, but this is something I agree with you on.

5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

We rarely have the same opinion in terms of footballing views, but this is something I agree with you on.

Don't we?  Are you not bothered about being wrong all the time then?

15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Don't we?  Are you not bothered about being wrong all the time then?

We agree on a few things but not everything (which is natural). I'm not bothered by that as I thought it was you that was wrong all the time? 

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

We agree on a few things but not everything (which is natural). I'm not bothered by that as I thought it was you that was wrong all the time? 

??

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Still No MB pictures from todays training. 

Do you think that you meeting him when you were over here and trying to steal his car has traumatised him mate? ?

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Do you think that you meeting him when you were over here and trying to steal his car has traumatised him mate? ?

He told me, he had to replace the leather seats, to get rid of the stench! 

• Haha 2