• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Congo have advanced to the knockouts of the AFCoN. Means Britt will miss a larger chunk of preseason, is the further his national team progresses seen a positive or negative for us? He might be first choice after one of his teammates went down with an injury.

It might mean a slower start for him with us but hopefully we'll get to see more of Fletcher, Armstrong, Burrell and the like and see if they're capable of stepping up. At least with Britt, we pretty much know what we're getting and he's relatively consistent in what he does, hopefully more-so in a team that might fit him better.

Season tickets back on sale, I didn't renew in the early bird window, as a result my ticket (south stand adult) has gone up to £530 from £397 last season. I think it would have been £420 if I had renewed earlier. £530 for the cheapest adult ticket available is ridiculous. 

23 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

Season tickets back on sale, I didn't renew in the early bird window, as a result my ticket (south stand adult) has gone up to £530 from £397 last season. I think it would have been £420 if I had renewed earlier. £530 for the cheapest adult ticket available is ridiculous. 

It is a lot like. Glad I renewed early or it would have been 600 for me ?

2 hours ago, JMC91 said:

You should have renewed early, then.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
29 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Lots of people were holding off renewing early because of the Pulis situation, you can hardly hold that against them.

22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

A predictable response from you. I wasn't prepared to until Pulis was gone. I've had a season ticket for over 15 years and I've been making the 5 hour round trip from Nottingham for the last four seasons. Last season it became so it wasn't worth the cost and time. For the price to go up by over £100 after what we've sat through for the last 18 months is pretty brazen. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Lots of people were holding off renewing early because of the Pulis situation, you can hardly hold that against them.

Sure, but don't then moan that the price of your ticket was more expensive as a result.

• Angry 1
3 hours ago, Foogle said:

Congo have advanced to the knockouts of the AFCoN. Means Britt will miss a larger chunk of preseason, is the further his national team progresses seen a positive or negative for us? He might be first choice after one of his teammates went down with an injury.

I'm quite happy if it means there's less chance we'll sell him.

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sure, but don't then moan that the price of your ticket was more expensive as a result.

Do you think a £110 price increase on the cheapest available ticket is reasonable or justified? 

2 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

Do you think a £110 price increase on the cheapest available ticket is reasonable or justified? 

Oh, definitely not. But you knew that by not renewing early the price would go up. It wasn't exactly a secret that the club were increasing ticket prices.

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Oh, definitely not. But you knew that by not renewing early the price would go up. It wasn't exactly a secret that the club were increasing ticket prices.

Ye absolutely, I've renewed late before but I don't ever remember the disparity being that great. It's just given the circumstances it's a bitter pill to swallow. 

I didn't really feel like I had any other choice but to not renew until Pulis had gone. I could complain on here and twitter as much as I like but it wouldn't have made a jot of difference, it felt like the only way to get heard. Having said that, the noises coming out the club and the apparent early bird uptake suggest that not renewing wouldn't have made a difference either.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Indeed and on the back of such an exciting season it's only fair that they do so ?

3 hours ago, JMC91 said:

A predictable response from you. I wasn't prepared to until Pulis was gone. I've had a season ticket for over 15 years and I've been making the 5 hour round trip from Nottingham for the last four seasons. Last season it became so it wasn't worth the cost and time. For the price to go up by over £100 after what we've sat through for the last 18 months is pretty brazen. 

Not that anyone should hold you to account for the reasons you didn't renew but your ticket has increased mostly due to not renewing during early bird, something I assume you must have done last year? As you said, it would have been a £23 increase if you had renewed during early bird. The extra £110 is down to leaving it until they came back on sale, which I assume is what DZ is getting at. I'm not justifying the price at all but there's nothing particularly new to learn here, if you see what I'm saying?

In fact, going by this article from August last year, it looks like the prices of new tickets after early-bird renewal hasn't changed? Unless this is pulling the figures from the same place as this year's table, I may be wrong:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/be-part-of-it-with-a-boro-season-card

Said it before, I'm interested to see who, if anyone, chooses to renew now they're back on sale thanks to Pulis departing. The fact there's that price increase to look forward to (for lack of a better term) is surely a huge factor for people who didn't renew because of Pulis but one that surely was expected when not renewing at the usual time. I'm not at all disputing it's a pretty ridiculous sum of money and yeah, it's a much bigger commitment than it was last year for those who didn't renew during early bird, those who have been such loyal customers to the club over the years like yourself. But people must have known that was to come when they didn't renew but wanted to protest the direction of the club.